𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘦

THE DIVE──────

THE DIVE
──────

We were now searching for Eddie, I stood next to max as he was looking at his watch.

"Okay, so apparently we're going this way now? I swear to god, if they got us lost..." max noticed I wasn't speaking, Lucas gave me some advice earlier, he had told me to talk to max, so maybe we could build that relationship up again.

And he know exactly what I was worried about, and he was furious with me the other day because I had told him my plan— but he was completely against it.

Didn't matter, I was still going to do it anyways. For the sake of Hawkins, and max. Jasper was also against it but I didn't care.

"Hey." I heard max call out, I turned to him, "You okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine..Just thinking." I answered, max stood next to me, being a few inches taller.

"There was this one time I talked to Fred, cause I was looking for Nancy— he seemed...scared, anxious. Like the anxiety was crippling towards him. But it's like, everyone vecna targets has something in their life. Something that's—"

"Hurting them. Haunting them." Max cut me off, I nodded, "Yeah." I said.

"I...I didn't really know Fred, so that's why it was so easy to  just...look the other way, I guess. But I did know you. And I'm sorry I wasn't there." I said, Max shook his head.

"It's not your fault."

"No, stop—"

"I disappeared."

I shook my head, "No, no, you didn't. I just didn't look hard enough. okay? But I see you now. I see you." I said, Max sighed and then gave me a weak smile, he cupped my cheek.

"And I see you now. I've always seen you." Max said, a tear fell down my eye but he wiped it away, "It's okay, (Y/n). I'm okay." Max reassured and pulled me into a hug.

"I'll never turn the other way again." I whispered to him, we stood there for a minute in that comforting hug, before we pulled away and held hands, catching up with the others.

──

Now we watched as the four teenage adults got onto the boat, leaving me, max, Lucas, and Dustin by ourselves.

"Ugh, when'd Steve get so hairy?" Lucas said, "Right? I keep telling him he needs to tame that jungle, but he claims the ladies dig it." Dustin added.

I then walked next to Lucas and grabbed the binoculars, and then I held them close to my eyes.

I stayed there for a minute, max looked at me, then back at Steve who was on the boat, then back at me again.

"You guys realize, If there's a gate down there, it's technically a watergate." Dustin told us.

"Watergate..?" I said while still holding the binoculars to my eyes, then I felt them get yanked away by max who seemed a little annoyed, "Stop admiring hairy Harrington." Max said.

He's cute when he's jealous. I've always said that— but it's not like I had a thing for 'Hairy Harrington' anyways cause that is definitely weird.

"Shit, get down." Lucas said, Jasper was currently with his mom at the moment, he said he'll me us later so I'm planning on it.

"Cops." Max said, "Shit, shit, shit. We can't let 'em find Eddie." Dustin said.

"Stay with me." Max told us and he stood up, "Hey, officers!"

My eyes widen, "Max, what—"

"Over here! I found the killer! This way!" Max continued to yell.

"Shit."

"Go!"

We all started running, max took my hand as we started running a different way.

"Dustin! Shit." I heard Lucas yell, Me and Max stopped in our tracks, we were eventually gonna get caught anyways.

...