3 | going up?

A N A S T A S I A3 | going up?

A N A S T A S I A
3 | going up?

Getting out of the taxi, I hand the driver the money that I owed him.

"Here you go, Sir," I say, and he nods at me with a smile as he takes it from my hand and barely a moment later someone is already rushing to get into his taxi.

Turning around, I look up at the apartment building in front of me and take a deep breath. This is a new start, and I'm going to be someone new.

I already looked at photos of what the inside of these apartments looked like, but now I've just got to hope that they have at least one available since it is so close to New York University.

Walking inside, I go up to the woman at the desk who is currently looking at something on her computer.

"Hello." She says looking up before I even get all the way up to her desk, so she must have heard my shoes against the floor with every step I took.

"Hello," I replied with a smile since she seemed really nice.

"How may I help you, dear?" She asked as I glanced around the room.

"I was wondering if you had any apartments left?" I asked, hopefully as I bit my lip.

"Let me check." She said as she began typing on her computer and then she smiled up at me.

"It's your lucky day. We have a few apartments available, but they are all the same. Would you like to get a quick tour of them?" She asks, but I shake my head ecstatically.

"No, can I take one right now?" I ask, and she nods.

"Sure dear, I'm just going to need you to fill out this paperwork really quick... And will you be paying with cash or credit?" She asks while handing me some forms and a pen.

"Cash," I say, as I start filling out the forms because I don't want to be traced by a credit card.

Once I'm done, and she takes the forms and money, I get the key to my new apartment.

"Thank you so much," I say, and she smiles.

"No problem. You are in apartment 201B. Do you need me to get someone to show you the way?" She asks, taking a look at her computer.