13 | please don't lie

R Y D E R13 | please don't lie

R Y D E R
13 | please don't lie

"What's on your mind babe?" Asked Taylor as we're eating lunch at home.

"Nothing.." I said sighing.

"C'mon Ryder, I've known you long enough to know when you're lying. What's on your mind?" She asks again.

"I talked to Anastasia today." I said playing with my food.

"What happened?" She asked looking worried.

"We just talked, that's it." I said.

"But what did you talk about?" She asked and I sighed.

"It's not important." I say looking at her.

"It is to me."

"It shouldn't be." I tell her.

"Well it is, because my fiancé just talked to his first love again. How would that make you feel if it was me?" She asked and I sighed defeated.

"I'd hate it.."

"Exactly, so can you at least tell me what you guys talked about?" She asked.

"I just asked her a personal question and she answered then left. Nothing to it." I said quietly hoping that she doesn't pry.

"Ryder."

"Yea?" I asked.

"What aren't you telling me? Please don't lie.. What did you ask her?"

"I asked her if Ariella was mine! Okay? I asked if Ariella was my daughter.." I replied looking away from her.

"I-is she?" She asked.

"No.. She's not." I whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Ryder?"

"Yea?" I asked.

"Can you look at me?" She asked and I turned to look at her.

"Did you want her to be?" She asked.

"Did I want her to be what?" I asked.