14 | he deserves to know

A N A S T A S I A

A N A S T A S I A

14 | he deserves to know

"Have you seen Ryder lately?" Asked Tyler as we washed the dishes.

"Ya, I saw him earlier.." I say hoping he doesn't ask what happened.

"Did you guys talk at all?" He asked as he dried a plate.

"For a minute." I reply.

"What'd he want?" He asked leaning his side on the counter to face me.

"Nothing, really.."

He sighs. "What happened? And don't say nothing because I know it's something."

"Ok.. He asked if Ariella was his daughter.." I say looking up at him as he stiffens.

"And what did you say.. You told him the truth?" He asked.

"No.. I told him no.." I said looking away.

"Why Ana?" He asked coming closer to me.

"Because.. Because I just couldn't.. I don't want my daughter to grow up and ask why her parents don't live together.. Why she has two dads.. She just needs one dad and that's you.." I say as he pulls me into a hug.

"I know that you think you're doing the right thing, but you have to think about Ryder too.. Don't you think he deserves to know that he has a child?" He asks.

"I am doing the right thing.. I wouldn't have to keep this from him if he wasn't such a bad person.."

"I just can't let Ariella know that he's her real father.. Not after everything he's done.. I don't want her to feel my pain.." I say as a silent tear rolls down my face and he wipes it away.

"I know babe, but no matter how much it pains you to tell him the truth, he deserves to know.. It would only be worse if he found out from someone else that you lied to him.." He said.

"He lied to me six years ago, I think it's only fair that I can lie too." I reply as I untangle myself from him and we walk to the living room to sit on the couch together.