CHAPTER 14

Valerie's POV

It thunders continuously and I scramble out of bed with agitation. This is the third time I am getting out of bed because of the scary rambling of the thunder.

Right now, I am done with the idea of sleeping alone in this goddamn cold room.

When I was home, whenever it rains and there is thunder, I always run to my parent's room. Whenever I feel uncomfortable running over to them, I take solace in Fred.

That fucking idiot.

Now I hate him so much for thinking I will overlook what he did with Brenda simply because she was the one who seduced him.

How could he allow her to do that to him on two different occasions and he expects me to take him back?

If I hadn't gotten married to a man like Ryan, would he have called me so we could meet?

Even though my heart still beats for him, I want to get rid of all the memories I had with him and I know the best way to do that is to have good times with someone else so it will be easier to erase the ones I had with Fred.

It will be quite difficult but I am willing to do that. I will try to move on from him. He is not worth it.

I rush out of my bedroom to call the maids to help me. I can't sleep in this room alone. I should probably go to Ryan's room.

We don't need to share a room. I will ask them to take my bed into the room and I will sleep on it before he is back from work.

I heard he comes back late from work and I don't plan to wait up for him. I am usually an early sleeper. 

Fred is the only reason for me to keep late nights.

I stand by the reins of the staircase after instructing the butler who called two others to help him get the bed out of my room and into the Master's bedroom.

At first, I was surprised they aren't bothered about waiting for what the boss will think of that decision but I guess they aren't scared that he would be against it because I am his wife and I'm sure they have no idea we are not in love.

The mansion is magnificent. The artistic paintings downstairs are beautiful too. I got lost in them the moment I entered the building.

The high chandeliers glow with beautiful colors. The staircase is grand as well but I couldn't do a tour around the whole place, except for my room which was already tidy, and Ryan's room which I visited out of curiosity.

He is surprisingly fastidious with his belongings. Everything seems to be in an orderly form in his room and I refrained from touching anything so he won't know that I was in his room.

I don't realize how long I have been standing on the staircase and how long I have been lost in a world of my own until the butler arrives with a huge smile on his face and his arms clasped behind me.