CHAPTER 47

Ryan's POV

For no reason, my heart keeps racing and I am having wild imaginations of what might have happened or what will happen.

This man isn't safe. He isn't healthy either.

Something is wrong somewhere. 

I keep asking myself if my Father is also responsible for how he fell unconscious right after I left his room or if this is a result of desperation.

I have been trying to call Valerie all morning. It was ringing but she wasn't picking up. I was uneasy.

I had to call my mom to ask her about Valerie and she said she hadn't seen her too and that did the trick.

I was on the edge. My emotions were almost bursting out of my chest in fear that something bad had just happened to her too.

Mrs. Adams is nowhere to be found and this is all too confusing for me to fix. 

When Valerie eventually picked up, she wasn't sounding tense or like someone in trouble and I hope she will be here soon.

Her father is in there, the doctors aren't out yet and I don't even know what is happening.

I am pacing to and fro at the reception with my arms akimbo, expecting at least one of his family members to show up.

I really don't know where his wife would be now but I hope she will be fine. I was supposed to spend just an hour with Valerie's father when I visited him because I have an appointment fixed for 2 pm but I had to cancel it.

My secretary keeps blaring my phone up with calls and I had to call her back to inform her that I won't be available till later.

I just hope Mrs. Woods won't be mad at the sudden cancellation of our appointment. I can't help it.

When some minutes have gone by and Valerie hasn't shown up yet, I dial her number again but it's unreachable.

Shit!

What the hell is happening?

When I twirl back to continue pacing, I spot her rushing into the hospital and I run to meet up with her.

She runs into my wide embrace and pulls away almost immediately. "What happened? Where is he? Where is mom? How did you find him?"

She looks beautiful in her outfit which shows that she had the intention of going out. She told me she wanted to visit my mom and I was surprised when I called mom and she told me she hadn't seen her.

Where has she been?

She told me she wanted to visit mom and she called around 10 am this morning when I was having a hard time going through some paperwork.