CHAPTER 28

Valerie's POV

Ryan is holding grudges against me because of what I did to him last night.

That is how it seems to me because all through the ride to his parent's mansion, he was quiet and back to that rude guy I know him to be.

Well, I thought he was beginning to change but now I am damn sure he has several personality disorders.

Why the hell will he act like he is cool with me this minute and then the next minute, he is aloof?

He kissed me last night. I controlled myself from slapping him. I have always hated the idea of kissing another man who isn't Fred but Ryan kissed me last night unexpectedly.

I don't know why I didn't stop him or slap him after I managed to push him away but I think it is because we are legally married and he can kiss me.

I just don't like the idea personally. Besides, it was just an act as he said. A practice I mean.

This way, if he tries to do something similar in front of his parents, I won't be caught unawares and I won't do something rash either forgetting the real reason why we are in this situation.

"Ryan", his mother calls him at last. I have been doing all I can to make them interact like Mother and son since we arrived. I guess he got that aloofness from his Mother. She is hell-bent on making him suffer for what he did.

He stops eating immediately and looks up expectantly, anticipating something more. "Finish up, I want us to talk about something."

Finally!

He shakes his head and drags his seat backward to get up. He picks up the serviette from the table to wipe his mouth too before standing straight. "I'm done eating."

I have never seen Ryan behave this way. He is acting like how a normal person would do when they are in the presence of their Master.

Mrs. Lorenzo gazes up, dropping her fork too, her actions slower than usual and a worried expression on her face.

I feel like there is something on her mind but she doesn't want to share it with anyone so no one will worry about her.

She decided to stop the treatments and she has to bear the consequences of her decision.

I wish she can let it all out. All the pain. I wish it could be shared. But she has it all stocked in. She doesn't want anyone to share in her pain. She doesn't want her son to go through any pain of watching her writhe away.

She nods and rises slowly too and I watch him help her out of the dining room. 

Now, I am left with Anita and Mr. Lorenzo. I don't know much about Mr. Lorenzo but he has been extremely quiet since we began to eat.