CHAPTER 17

Ryan's POV

When she isn't out after five minutes, I let out a sigh, not out of surprise because I know she is the world wide known definition of tardiness.

She is never early to anything. Not even our wedding.

Who am I to even think today will be different?

That woman is just one out of a hell of bat-shit insane women out there. I used to think I have this sort of effect on women but Valerie is an exemption.

I never thought I would also be ever cool-headed with a woman but Valerie is that woman who is suddenly turning me into a cool-headed man.

How can I keep up with my arrogance when she doesn't even give me room for that? How can I keep up with my stubbornness when she is way more stubborn than I am to the point that I get exhausted and tired of going back and forth with her with words?

At this point, I think I am just going to let her have her way. I have a lot to deal with and having to put her on my list of problems right now is not something I can afford to do.

My mother is my priority now.

Valerie promised to help me talk to my mother. 

Without informing me, she called my mother to tell her that we would be coming for dinner tonight.

I wonder how she did that. But I guess it is easy since my mom likes her. Everyone in my family does except of course me.

Anita called me to inform me. I was surprised. Valerie didn't even bother to call me after doing her thing.

I remember dropping off my number at the house this morning before going out but I wonder why she didn't call until it was 6 pm.

She called and told me we would be going for dinner at my parent's. She made it known to me that I needed to leave work early, which was why she felt it was useful to call me.

If I was someone who leaves work early, maybe she won't even call at all. She would just expect me to show up at the door and then she would let it out.

I didn't leave work early enough. The dinner is at 7 pm but because I got her call rather late, I had to do some rounding up and I left the office ten minutes before 7 pm.

On my way here, I told her to get ready and meet me outside the courtyard since there is little time to go in, take a shower, and get changed.

It is just for dinner.

I am thinking of giving her a call again to know why she is taking so long. We are ten minutes late already and my Mother's place is a twenty minutes drive from here.

She appears suddenly the moment the front door opens and I heave a deep sigh of relief, instructing John to get the door for her.