CHAPTER 98

Valerie's POV 

With her beautiful black hair around her shoulder, she smiles down at me, making a cold spine run down my spine.

She is dead, isn't she?

Then why am I seeing her and why is she smiling at me?

Did I do something wrong to her and she is smiling instead of reprimanding me?

Am I dead? Why am I seeing a dead woman?

Ryan and I were at the graveyard where she was buried. She is dead but I can't seem to remember the last thing that happened before I got here.

Is she alive? Is she hiding somewhere just to be safe from that monster she calls a husband?

No, I shake my head involuntarily. This can't be. I saw her cold feet and a pale body. She was extremely cold all over and heavy. She is indeed dead.

With a low gasp, I try to twirl around so I can flee from the dead but my legs are stuck on the ground. I look down at my feet and they are buried deep in the ground.

I almost let out a yelp in fright but she stretches an arm at me, still smiling brightly. "My child."

My child?

Despite how much I admire this woman, I do not appreciate what she is doing to me right now. I want to scream and run away from her but I can't seem to do anything. I can barely move any part of my body.

"Go, my child."

The words echo around the empty place and I find my legs coming out from the buried ground. I turn around slowly to see how truly empty the whole place is.

Where the hell am I? How did I get here?

The whole place is foggy but I am not cold and it baffles me more. I am not even wearing a cardigan and I don't feel cold.

Am I still alive?

"You have made everything worth it, Valerie", she speaks again, the bright smile vanishing eventually. Her eyes beam with happiness and I can't place what exactly is happening here.

I want to ask her questions but I can't find my voice. There is a huge lump stuck in my throat and my mouth isn't moving either.

"I love you, Valerie," she adds, her eyes leaving me and resting somewhere else apart from my face. "And I am glad you are with Ryan."

I roll my eyes. She made me marry her son, why is she saying this?

"You are going to have a lot of kids running around the house just like I have ever wanted. Thank you." she points to my belly and I follow the direction of her finger. 

When I look back up, she is gone into thin air and I let out a piercing scream in fright.

"Val?" Someone grabs my hand and my eyes are closed. I am scared of opening them to see her again. I don't want to be dead. I want to live to take care of Ryan. I promised never to leave him again. I don't want to die.

I don't want to see his Mother again. I want her to let me be.

"Val, are you ok?"

As I continue to scream, the voice stops me. It is familiar. The same voice that brings tingles to my whole body and calms my nerves.

Summoning up every iota of courage left in me, I flutter my eyes open to meet his intense gaze full of concern, worry and love.

He grips my hand harder and demands. "Are you ok, love?"

I gulp down the heavy lump and nod. Finally, I find my voice. "Yes, I am."

How on earth can I explain the reason for my strange behavior? How can I tell him that I saw his Mother and his Mother said a lot of strange things to me that got me scared?