19. Together Again

Chapter 19

That night I slept literally like a baby. Most likely because I dreamt all about that night, playing the scene over, over, and over again. I just couldn't get over it.

Well you already know that my mother pretty much knows what happened since she did help with it. So I'm kind of nervous about going downstairs and see her. I really hope she doesn't pester me about it and say "It's girl talk time!"

I pulled myself out of bed, trying to wake myself up from that beautiful dream... that's real.

I walked down the stairs and immediately saw mom cooking breakfast; pancakes, bacon, and sausage. Yum!

"How was your night Maddi?" She asked smiling at me.

"Just greeeat, until I dumped his behind," I said smirking.

You could've heard the "oh" she said from upstairs.

"Are you serious, No you didn't, Madelynn reall-"

"No I was just playing with you mom, gosh don't take it seriously ma," I said laughing at her.

She frowned at me. "That wasn't funny."

"Ah-huh!" I said still laughing.

"Well," she said putting a plate on the table. "There's your breakfast."

"Thank you mommy," I said kissing her cheek.

Once I finished my breakfast, the door bell rang.

{ding dong}

"I'll get it!" I said running to the door in my pajamas.

When I opened the door, two strong arms reached out and wrapped around my waist. I was pulled into a chest that was outside.

"Hey baby," Alex greeted me.

"Hi," I squealed from surprise.

"Do you wanna go to the park today with me? We can play basketball," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Basketball!" I yelled.

"I'm so going to beat your butt," I said smacking his behind.

Alex chuckled. "Okay, okay. Whatever you say."

"What time is the beat down," I asked smirking.

"Right now, at the rec. Lets go!" He yelled grabbing my hand.

"No, let me change first," said running into the house.

"Okay, you've got 1 minute," he yelled upstairs.

"Got it,"

I grabbed my purple running shorts and my sleeveless white Jordan shirt. Then I grabbed my black Jordan's and ran outside.

"Ready," I said spinning around.

"Wow, you play?" He asked surprised.

"Ever since Elementary," I said smirking.

"Welp, here goes nothing," he said walking to the car.

There's a Rec for events, tennis, zumba, and a basketball court. We borrowed at 28.5 ball and ran out on the court.

"Well since you're the lady, you get ball first," he said passing me the ball.

"That's fine with me."

We checked up the ball and I started to slowly dibble. I dribbled up to Alex and acted like I didn't know how to dribble. Once he reached to get the ball, I crossed over and juked him to do a layup.

I heard a wow from behind me.

"You really do know how to play," he said his mouth agape.

"Told ya. Al, close your mouth. You'll catch flies," I said smirking and checked the ball up again.

This time I dribbled up to the free throw line, passing Alex. When I saw him pass me again, I jumped back and shot a three pointer. And swished it.

"This is going to be a long scrimmage," Alex said checking up again.

After about 15 minutes of playing, the score was about 24 to 24.

"Game point," Alex said checking the ball. He currently had the ball, determined to win.

"Let's go," I said passing it back and getting into my defense stance.

He dribbled and crossed through his legs and did a combo by adding a behind the back, which caught me off guard. He was about to lay it up until I did what I had to do...

I jumped on his back.

With me and my careless actions, it made both of us to fall. Instead of him being on the bottom, I ended up being squashed my his muscled body.

"Alex, get off me!" I said between gasps.

"Whoops," he said jumping up. "Now who's fault is that," he asked me, raising a eyebrow and holding out a hand.

"I don't know who your accusing," I said grabbing his hand and rolling my eyes.

He pulled my up and held me against his chest. "Well let's just say it's a tie okay?" He said in a deep voice.

"Deal," I said, going up on my tippy toes to kiss him.

He gladly kissed me back and then the rec had to close. "Let's go drop the big baby off home," Alex teased plucking my nose.

"I think we shall, it's nap time," I said pushing him away from me and walking out the door.

He drove to my house, to 'sadly' drop me off.

"Face it, you know I won," I said smiling at him.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say," he said leaning down to place a soft kiss upon my lips. Oh how I've missed this.

"I love you," he said when we disconnected.

"I love you more," I argued back.

"I don't know about that."

"Well I'm positive," I said getting out of his embrace.

"Goodnight," he said blowing me a kiss and waved goodbye.

I smiled and stepped on the front porch. "goodnight."

VT

Comment below your favorite event/scene

Last chapter coming up... dearly sorry, but I'll try to make another book though. I love yall ❤️