Chapter 6

hello friends! time for some holiday stuff since the holidays are right around the corner (at the time of writing this)

also, my headcanons for Japan (maybe some other countries too?) are at the bottom of this chapter for your viewing pleasure!

enjoy :)

——————

The next day in homeroom, Canada approached Japan, a stupid grin on his face. "What's up?" Japan asked, placing her phone face-down on her desk. "Would you like to come over to my house for Thanksgiving dinner? You can invite South Korea, too, if you want." Japan's face lit up. "That would be great! I'll let him know." "You can meet my family too. It's crazy sometimes, but it's super fun." Japan nodded. Class began at that moment, forcing their conversation to end.

South Korea joined Japan for lunch, and they ate their food and talked about their favorite music albums, oblivious of Canada and America's smirks and exchanges of knowing looks. They knew about Japan's love for South, and they wanted to somehow set them up. Canada, being the older (and smarter) brother of the two, had came up with the idea of having them over for Thanksgiving, with the idea of having them sit closely together and getting even closer much later. America also invited Russia, who made the excuse of not being able to come because he had homework to catch up on. It was perfect.

————— 

(time skip)

Thursday rolled around much sooner than expected, and Japan was suddenly dreading the Cosmetic Club meeting. True to her word, Ukraine had texted her address to Japan, instructing her to bring her favorite makeup to test out some looks. Japan packed her makeup bag, which was decorated with lemon slices. She told Taiwan and Mongolia that she was going to a friend's house (which was partly a lie), and they were alright with it. Japan didn't miss it when a look of worry flashed on Taiwan's face. 

She drove to the address, which took nearly thirty minutes. It was a large and elaborate house, covered in big windows. There was even a fancy wreath on the door. Japan hesitantly rang the doorbell, nervously shifting her weight from foot to foot. Ukraine opened the door. "Come in. It's a little chilly out there." Japan followed her inside, unsure of what to expect. The living room was huge, with a large sofa big enough to fit at least 15 people, a giant flatscreen TV on the wall, and a coffee table covered in designer magazines and fancy candles. Belarus and Bulgaria were already there, sitting cross-legged on the floor. There were small mirrors with lights on them, and makeup was scattered on the hardwood floor.

Japan took a seat opposite of Belarus, who seemed just a little friendly. "Is this everyone?" She asked, unzipping her makeup bag. "Sadly, yes." Ukraine sighed, joining them on the floor. She pulled out her phone, typing something in. Her phone case was covered in a flowery print, of course. "This is what I'm wanting to try." She turned her phone to show the screen to them. It was a look with thick, brown eyeliner and pink accents. "That's pretty," Belarus commented. "I know." She said, taking out the necessary tools. "What are you guys gonna do?"

They spent the next hour or two trying out random things they could find on their socials. Japan found they she actually had fun, and she even got a little close with Ukraine and company. "Thanks for coming," Ukraine said as Japan was leaving, car keys and bag in hand. "I had fun." "Me too," Japan smiled. "Bye." She walked off to her car, started the engine, and drove home in silence, processing everything from the meeting.

——————

She was expecting them to gossip, and they did, but just a little. Most of it was about Ukraine and Canada's relationship, which Japan tuned out. She was more excited about Thanksgiving dinner with Canada, America, and South Korea more than anything. Break was only a few days away. "How was the meeting?" Taiwan asked when she returned home. "It was okay," Japan said, placing her purse on the coat hook. The entire house smelled like chicken and rice, one of Mongolia's favorite dinner meals. Taiwan was a really good cook. He had already set the table with what Japan called "the good, fancy plates", which were basically big dinner plates that had blue swirls around the edges. He even had brought out the cloth napkins, which meant there was a special occasion.