//172//

(⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ
_______________

After going downstairs, Manveer accompanied Shehnaaz waiting for her pick up in the lobby of the building.

Shehnaaz was a little embarrassed and said, "Thank you Mr. Rayner. I can wait alone."

Manveer glanced at her and said, "I would be worried if I left you alone."

Shehnaaz couldn't decline his kindness.

Yesterday, she saw him on the poster.

Although he was smiling, she felt that it was very difficult to get close to him.

The same was true of him at the press conference. Facing the cast, he was courteous but distant, not too close to anyone.

But today, he gave her another feeling.

Cold hands, warm heart. He seemed to be a very considerate and gentle person.

Shehnaaz, who seemed to have discovered some big secret, lowered her head and smiled uncontrollably.

She didn't know she was special to Manveer. He would only treat her gently.

Sidharth walked into Royal Lagoon House and saw Shehnaaz and a man standing not far away.

He frowned as he saw his Shehnaaz lowered her head while the man stared at her lovingly.

Instead of walking over, Sidharth stood still and shouted, "Shehnaaz."

Shehnaaz heard a familiar voice, her head jerking up, and saw a familiar figure. Her pretty little face lightened up with joy.

"Sidharth."

She ran over happily.

She walked away with a spring in her step.

Manveer looked as they huddled together. his hands clenching tightly. A sullen look shaded his handsome face.

Sidharth hugged Shehnaaz tightly. He could feel the warmth of her body and her breath. The fear of losing her appeased.

Sidharth hugged Shehnaaz so tightly that was hurting her. However, Shehnaaz did not struggle. She quietly leaned against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.

After a long time, she said softly, "Sorry, Sidharth, I made you worry."

Sidharth let go of her and looked at her up and down, "Are you all right?"

Shehnaaz smiled, "I'm fine."

Then, she turned to Manveer, grinning more broadly "Sidharth, he saved me."

Sidharth looked in the direction Shehnaaz pointed to and met that man's eyes.

The two men stared at each other with a high fighting spirit.

Shehnaaz did not know the competition between them and introduced Manveer to Sidharth. "This is Manveer. He is the most popular actor in the entertainment industry right now."

Their secret competition came to the end when Manveer politely nodded. Sidharth raised his eyebrows and then led Shehnaaz to Manveer.

"Thank you for saving my wife." Sidharth said politely.

Hearing the word "wife", Manveer frowned slightly and cast a puzzled look at Shehnaaz.

The latter smiled bashfully. "Yes, this is my husband, Sidharth."

Manveer's expression changed. He knew Sidharth, the president of REG. But he didn't expect that Sidharth was married, and his wife was actually...

Shehnaaz.

"Don't you feel well, Mr. Rayner?"

Shehnaaz worriedly looked at Manveer whose face turned pale.

"I'm fine." Manveer forced a smile.

"But..." Shehnaaz felt that he didn't seem to be fine at all. She wanted to say something but was stopped by Sidharth.

"Shehnaaz, since Mr. Rayner feels ill, we shouldn't disturb him anymore. Let's go home first and visit Mr. Rayner after he gets better."

Sidharth took a deep look at Manveer. He favored Manveer with a half bow and took Shehnaaz leave.

Shehnaaz did not understand why Sidharth was in a hurry to leave. She wanted to ask him but found his expression was cold.

She fell silent and turned to Manveer, who was standing still.

Was it just her or did he look a little sad,

just like he lost something precious?

Manveer watched her leave. He saw her turn around. She was as beautiful as ever but now she was someone else's wife.

That broke his heart.

Even though she was out of his sight, Manveer still looked in the direction where she had left, and only after a long time did he withdraw his gaze.

After standing for such a long time, his feet fell asleep. This nearly made him fall. Fortunately, the bodyguard hiding in the shadows stepped forward to help him.

"Help me investigate Sidharth." He coldly ordered.

The bodyguard respectfully replied, "Yes!"

Then he helped Manveer slowly walk to the elevator.

Sidharth held Shehnaaz's hand and walked to the side of the car. He opened the door of the passenger seat for her.

Shehnaaz lowered her head and got into the car while nervously glancing at the sullen. man.

Then the car door was slammed shut..

This sound was like a fist heavily hitting her chest, causing her to feel suffocating pain.

On the way out, Sidharth did not say a word. His expression was cold and solemn. Obviously, he was in a very bad mood.

Shehnaaz obediently followed behind him, not daring to say a word.

She thought that he was angry because she insisted on attending the banquet. Otherwise, she wouldn't have almost been plotted against by Hadley, so he wouldn't be worried all night.

In the end, it was all due to her willfulness.

She quietly pulled her seat belt and clutched it tightly. She hesitated if she needed to censor herself and apologize to him.

Right at this moment, Sidharth's deep voice sounded.

"Shehnaaz."

She turned around and got a kiss.

It was a rude, punishing kiss. It was for making him worried, for not taking care of herself, for being dumb, for being so slefless, and trusting everyone easily….

Just as all was about to lose control, Shehnaaz's stomach gave an enormous rumble.

They were stunned at the same time, and immediately realized what happened.

Sidharth couldn't help but laugh.

Shehnaaz shyly pushed him away.

"I'm hungry." she muttered.

Sidharth dotingly rubbed her hair, "Let's go home and I'll make your favorite meal."

Shehnaaz smiled sweetly, "I want to eat something tasty."

"Alright, whatever you want." Sidharth glanced at her, his eyes full of doting. Shehnaaz was happy again.

Sidharth wasn't angry. He was still so gentle.

__________________

(⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)