FOUR

Song of the Chapter: Lonely Call by RaeLynn

------------------------------------------------------------

Aimee's POV

"Fuck" I mutter as the bag of avocados I was holding rips open. All my precious avocados rolling over the Monaco curb. 

"Here." A somewhat familiar voice says, handing me a few of the avocados I dropped. I look up while taking the avocados from the stranger to be met with Max's eyes.

"Thanks." I say, putting the avocados in the other bag I was holding. I put the keys into the door to open the entrance to my apartment building. Eager to get home for a short bit after a tough recording session this morning, and having rehearsals later today. 

"Need some help?" Max asks as I'm struggling to get my three bags of groceries inside. I sigh deeply, knowing I could choose the easy way here.

"Yes please." I give in, handing him one of my bags, but he takes an extra one as well. Leaving me with only one of the three grocery bags. Such a gentleman.

"You know, you can get those things delivered to your door right?" He asks as he puts the bags of groceries in my kitchen, so I can unpack them later.

"I know," I tell him. "But I prefer going to buy them myself. It keeps me sane." I chuckle. It's the truth though. I love going to the grocery store, it's one of the most normal things I get to do. It's also one of the few places I barely ever get ambushed by fans. 

"You, Aimee, are a piece of art." Max chuckles, before saying goodbye and leaving my apartment again.

We've seen each other a bit more since the Dutch Grand Prix, just running into each other around Monaco. Having small interactions like this one. It's nice to have someone to speak with while in a foreign country. However, I know it won't happen more often. Especially with him flying around the globe for Formula One and with me starting my US tour. I am about to go into final rehearsals before I fly out to Los Angeles next week.

I quickly put the groceries away, before changing into my workout clothes and leaving to go to the dancing studio. Today should be a day on which we finalise the last songs we have not managed to get a routine for. 

"I think I've got it now." I say confidently, after doing Lonely Call for the third time. Still screwing up my placement with every run, although the last one seemed to be close to perfect. 

"I think you've got it too." Tony my trainer says. "But let's run it again." Tony is one of those people to keep on rehearsing until you get it right, and then keeps you going until you can't get it wrong. 

I sigh deeply, I'm so done with this rehearsal. We've been at this for the last four hours. My body's gonna be aching tomorrow. Tony puts the music on again as we run the song one more time.

"Okay that's it." Tony says, a proud smile on his face. I knew I made some mistakes, how is this the good run. I look at him, confusion written on my face. "Now I am confident you can do this even if you're extremely exhausted."

"Thanks Tony." I say, grabbing my bag, knowing we're finally done for the day.

On my way home, I decide to grab a salad at one of the salad bars on my route. I walk into the little restaurant, ordering without really looking around me. The employee gives me my salad in a to go container, as I requested.

As I turn around to leave the salad bar, I bump into someone. I seem to do that a lot lately. 

"Gosh, is this gonna be our thing now?" The person I bumped into says, voicing my thoughts. I take a step back to look at, who I just bumped into. He clearly knows me.