TWENTY

Song of the chapter: cover me in sunshine by P!nk & Willow Sage Hart

————————————
Lando kept true to his promise to stay in touch, a sweet text already awaiting on my phone when I woke up the next morning.

Lando:
Good morning :)

Lando:
Can't say it enough times, but I really enjoyed last night. Can't wait to see you in Seattle

I feel my heart sink a bit. We had indeed had a really fun time. Not caring about the people around us, just caring about living in the moment and the chance to get to know each other a bit better. But realising we probably won't have a chance to repeat all of this until January, makes me a little sad.

I push my sad feelings a bit to the side, realising today is the day we travel to Jackson. Having two concerts there this weekend. And moreover, it's not only a travel day for me. Lando is travelling to Mexico today, after finishing a photoshoot with his esports brand. Somehow it feels good that we can relate slightly when it comes to travelling a lot.

Aimee:
Good morning to you too

Aimee:
I had such a great time! Thank you Lando.

Aimee:
Gotta go pack, Ava will get mad if I'm not ready on time.

I place my phone on the night stand, getting out of the bed and taking a shower. Washing the remainder of the Red Bull party and the dinner date off of my body. I then get into some comfortable clothes, ready for the almost nine hour long drive. It's one of the first nights I'll actually be spending in my tour bus.

A rather lonely one, that is. The band is sharing a tourbus, whereas me and Ava are sharing it with the two of us. It might seem excessive but I really enjoy the privacy and it gave me the chance to place a music room in the back of it. Giving me the opportunity to work on new songs if I'd feel like it. I will need to do that sometime during this tour, the agency expecting new music at some point. 

Once I've packed all my belongings into the multiple suitcases, I take them all downstairs. The tour busses already waiting at the back entrance. The driver helps me load my belongings into the bus and I board it.

It is then, that I have time to seriously look at my phone. Twitter and Instagram blowing up with messages holding my name. Slightly annoyed by the fact that I had put on notifications for articles with my name. My eyes however fall to a short article mentioning both me and Lando, one of the many that have appeared over the past week. 

Are they dating? Lando Norris and Aimee Halstead spotted leaving Red Bull Party

In the past week we've written multiple times about the two rising stars. But once again we have seemed to run into new evidence that the two could indeed be an item. The two were spotted arriving at a hotel earlier, where McLaren is also staying. Earlier that evening, the two had gathered a large crowd of Formula one drivers around them. Trying to get away from the track without the attention being fully on them. The two then attended the Red Bull Champions party as Lando was asked to do a DJ set there.

Aimee was seen enjoying the party with Formula 1 drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen alongside their girlfriends. After Lando had finished his set, the pair had danced together before leaving the party. Lando supposedly dropping Aimee off at her hotel.

What do you think? Is there something going on between the pair? Or do you think they are just friends as they seem to want us to think?

I sigh at the stupid article, before showing it to Ava who's just now arriving at the tour bus. "Stupid tabloids." I say annoyed with what they have once again come up with.

Ava takes my phone out of my hand, taking the time to properly read the message. "What do you want me to do?" She asks me, handing me my phone back.

"I think it's definitely smart to cooperate with McLaren on this." I say, before taking out my phone. Hoping to catch Lando in time for his flight. "But I'd like it killed. There's nothing yet, and I don't want the stupid media to make sure nothing will ever happen."

It takes a while before Lando answers, but when he does I am relieved to hear his voice. I rapidly explain the article to him, as I can tell he's at the airport already. So after quickly voicing all my thoughts about the matter, I come up with a final question. "What should we do?"

It stays quiet on the other side, but I can tell Lando's just thinking about the question as was I. "Maybe." He starts. "Maybe we could just keep denying, try to let our press officers keep it out of interviews as much as possible. As I said I really would love to try and see if there's anything more in this. But I don't want to be pressured into anything."

"Likewise. So I'll tell Ava that and make sure she corresponds that with your press officer. Can you send their number over to me?" I ask him, before exchanging a quick goodbye. Lando having to catch his plane.

The Jackson concerts went really well, as I had expected. Lando and I had been calling at nights during the whole weekend, as it was a race weekend for him as well. He had managed to secure himself the sixth place in the drivers championship. Not much more for him to achieve. But he seemed fine with that. We texted pretty much all through the day, sometimes long times before the other answered as we were both busy with our careers. However, I was very content with the way things were going. But as we're driving all the way down to Miami, I can tell my voice is starting to struggle a bit. I climb out of the tourbus bed, that is rather comfortable, to find Ava typing away on her laptop. Probably answering different interview requests.

"Good morning." I say, my voice hoarse as I start the kettle, in definite need of some green tea to soothe my throat.

"You don't sound that good." Ava points out immediately.

"I know. I'm not feeling that great either." I tell her, as I put a load of honey into my tea glass adding the tea and green tea bag after.

Sitting down at the table in the tour bus, I begin sipping the green tea. In what I quite frankly think is a hopeless plan to soothe my throat. "Maybe it's better to skip the interviews." I tell Ava, knowing I have multiple video interviews coming in the next few days.

"I think so too, you might have been stretching yourself a bit too thin lately." Ava admits, referring to the double amount of interviews I had taken on compared to usual as well as going to the Formula One race last week. 

It is not long, until I start coughing too and Ava directs me back into bed. Stating that I really needed the rest, and I should be fine to go in three days when the Miami concerts were. Where I was also set to work on a possible collaboration with Martin Garrix. Something I'm looking forward to, as we've often spoken about doing something together. 

———————————-
So this chapter was supposed to come out tomorrow, but I just saw the messages of Charles and Charlotte breaking up 😭 not sure if I'm going to write anything related to that in here, or if I'm gonna keep them together. But I just felt like upload extra right now.

Love you all. Please keep voting

*edited 4-11-2023*