TWENTY-SEVEN

Song of the Chapter: High Hopes by Panic! At the disco

————————————————-

LANDO'S POV

I had imagined my first day of winter break a bit differently. Heck I was even considering flying to the US to visit Aimee again. Hence the was, because I am not sure about anything right now.

I have seen the pictures, read the stories, seen the videos. We had agreed we would talk. We would tell each other if we had found someone else we wanted to date. Someone we felt more connected to. 

But she didn't, she just went and did it. The worst was for me to see it all appearing online, without a single warning. I wish I didn't feel like this right now. That I could say there was nothing between us and go on with my life. The opposite is true though, I feel betrayed and on top of that I feel shattered.

I hear a knock on my hotel door. Most of the drivers having already left to go spend sometime with their families. But not me, I don't want to move. I want to sulk in my own sadness. Lay here on this extremely expensive hotel bed and do absolutely nothing. 

I somehow gather myself to walk to the door, opening it to reveal Carlos standing in the doorway.

"Lando, why are you not ready?" He says surprised.

"Don't know." I shrug, not really caring while I let him into my hotel room.

"We both know why." Carlos says leaning against the wall.

"You're right, we know why. But I don't want to talk about it." I can feel the anger rising in my body as I think about the reason that got me in such a mood.

"If you're not planning on talking, then we will go play some golf. Now get dressed." Carlos says sternly, no negotiating possible. "I'm using your bathroom, when I'm done you are at least attempting to come to the golf course with me."

I sigh, getting some of my anger out hitting golf balls could be something good. And so I drag myself to my suitcase and force myself to get ready. 

Arriving at the golf course, I can feel a bit of excitement in my body. I love to play golf, and I'm eager to clear my mind a bit.

"You are tense." Carlos says after we've done a few holes. I'm nowhere near hitting the balls like I would usually do. 

"I know." I say softly, feeling weak in admitting it. 

"Let's just go hit some balls, just doing holes is clearly not helping." He says as we go back to the driving range to hit some balls long distance. 

"Fucking hell." I hiss when I hit another ball terribly. It is then that I can feel my hands trembling, my body shaking, until I can feel tears dripping from my face. I quickly wipe my face, hoping Carlos doesn't see it. The emotions I had tried my best to conceal starting to get to the surface. 

"We can stop if you want to?" Carlos suggests. So he had noticed my getting emotional.

"No." I place another ball in front of me, getting ready to hit it. A newfound determination running through my veins.