SIXTEEN

Song of the Chapter: Everytime we touch by Cascada

------------------------------------

I watch Lando's car go through the turns of the circuit on the television, it seems so easy when he does that. We're currently in Q3, Lando trying to get the best out of his car. Squeezing every little bit of energy there is into his final flying lap. The clock already on zero, but Lando being allowed to finish this lap.

I look as the times from people before him drop in, and then I see the papaya car approaching the finish line. I watch as his time ends up on the screen, listening to the radio in the meantime.

"That's P4 Lando, P4." His race engineer says over the radio. I can't help but notice a smile creeping on my face. I'm proud of Lando, happy to know that he's gotten out of qualifying fine as well.

I watch as the car is getting parked in the garage again, watching as Lando climbs out. His team clearly happy with P4. After Lando's done everything he needs to get done, he walks over to me.

"How much longer do you have?" He asks, handing his helmet of to his personal trainer.

I look at my watch, it's five in the afternoon already. I have to be at the arena at seven, maybe a bit later. "An hour, maybe an hour and a half." I tell him, and I can see him thinking.

"Let me get through media real quick, and I'll be back. I think we've got a conversation we need to finish." He says a small smile on his face. I just nod, before Lando turns and follows his PR officer to the media pen.

I'm walking out of the garage, deciding to go to the McLaren hospitality when Charlotte catches my attention.

"Hey Charlotte!" I say. "Charles got P2?" I ask her opening up a conversation.

"Yeah, he was pretty content with it." She says a small smile playing on her face.

Charlotte and I walk around the paddock a bit. It is nice having her explain certain things to me, mostly about how long things will take after qualifying or races. How things generally go in a race weekend. Charlotte explains to me that she likes to come to most race but sometimes it is just not possible. We sit down at the Ferrari hospitality, both of us getting a bottle of water to drink.

It doesn't take long before the both of us spot Lando and Charles walking our way. I had texted Lando that I was spending some time with Charlotte at the Ferrari hospitality, hoping he'd see it before he would really start looking for me.

"Hi," I say to the boys, Charles sitting down at the table as well. "Congrats on starting P2." I tell Charles, and he thanks me for it before Lando snatches me away.

We walk to his drivers room again, I can feel the media presence burning a hole in my back. I don't like it at all, and I know the gossip sites will be full of it tomorrow. Lando leads me into the room as we sit down on the couch again.

"So," Lando begins, looking at the ground, clearly unsure of what to say. "I would really like to figure out if there could be more between us. And I know it's gonna be freaking hard, with the fact that we're both travelling around the world year around. But I enjoy talking to you so freaking much, that I wanna try." His eyes still on the ground. "But it's okay if you don't want to." He quickly adds, realising we hadn't really spoken about this before. 

I look at him, waiting for him to signal that he's finished. I can feel my body going into over drive, wanting to say yes to everything Lando has said. And yes it is gonna be hard. But I know we have to try.

"I want to try it too." I begin. "It is gonna be hard, but I think as long as we keep talking and being open to each other, we could definitely give it a try."

I look at Lando, a smile playing on his face. "I'd really like that." He says giving me a hug.

We both loosen our grip on each other, our faces mere inches from each other. I can see his eyes fluttering down to my lips. My mind going crazy at the thought that he could be going to kiss me. I bite my lip softly, taking in every feature of Lando's perfect face. Before taking the initiative in my own hands and placing my lips on his shortly.

There wasn't even the chance to deepen our first kiss, my phone ringing, breaking us up. I look at Ava's name written on the screen.

"I'm so sorry." I say to Lando before picking up the phone. He just nods to signal that it's okay to pick it up.

"I'm here." Ava says. "Are you coming?"

"I'm on my way, give me ten minutes." I tell Ava, before hanging up the phone.

"I'm so sorry, but I really have to go if I want to make it in time for my own concert." I say with a small chuckle. Lando gets up from the couch as well.

"That's okay." He says, as we're both walking to the door, he quickly grabs my hand twisting me around. He places his lips on mine for a bit longer kiss. Our lips actually moving in sync this time.

It was a short and sweet kiss, but the intensity it gives to my body is amazing to feel. Together we walk to the paddock exit, walking slower as we get closer to the exit. Wanting to save the bit of time we have.

"Would you go on a date tomorrow, if I ask you?" Lando asks as I'm about to get out of the paddock.

"Why don't you ask to figure that out." I say playfully, secretly hoping he'll actually ask the question.

"Aimee, would you like to go out for a date tomorrow night?" He asks me, taking my hint seriously.

"I'd love to." I tell him, smiling at him. Careful not to make to much contact with him as we're in public.

"Great, so we'll go somewhere after the race. Will you be staying in Austin tomorrow?" He asks, and I just nod, confirming I'll be changing hotels once again.

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow then." He says, before we say goodbye and both going our own way.

I get into Ava's car, a bright smile on my face. "I take it, today went well?" She asks driving away from the track and toward San Antonio.

"I'm going on a date tomorrow." I say excitedly, making Ava laugh.

——————————
Woohoo! Made it to 500 reads! Thanks everyone for all the reads already, don't forget to vote!

Edited 4/11/2023