THIRTY-ONE

Song of the Chapter: What's your country song by Thomas Rhett

-------------------------------------------

Aimee's POV

"Charlotte!" I yell through the arena, where I'm performing my final concert of this tour tomorrow night. I put the microphone into the standard, rushing off the stage and towards the girl that has become one of my best friends in the past months. Even if she has broken up with Charles, we had kept in contact after Austin. I jump into her arms. "I'm so happy you're here." I say giving her a tight hug.

"I'm excited, never been to a final concert of a tour. But I've heard the parties are amazing." She says with a smile. "I feel long over due for a party."

"So do I," I admit, but mostly because I'm so ready for this tour to be over.

"So who did you all invite?" She asks as we walk towards the dressing rooms.

"Not that many people, I invited Lando and told him he could extend the invite." I can see Charlotte getting a little worried, clearly not ready to face Charles again. "But he told me only Kelly and Max are joining. And then I think Daniel is coming too, Heidi's away for her job, so he said he could use some distraction." I continue to explain, a relieved expression on her face.

"So, I'll be third wheeling then?" She says with a light chuckle.

"Not really, me and Lando for starters, are not a couple." I say, saying the words still hurt a bit. But I still think we've got a shot.

"That's because you're both freaking stubborn." She snorts, making the both of us laugh. "But I'll be fine, some drinks and your girl will be amazing."

We enter my dressing room, where Tony is already waiting for me to go over the final pointers for the concert tomorrow. To be honest, I don't care that much anymore. I just want to get it over with, fly back to Monaco and enjoy a well deserved break.

"So there's just this one interview you've got to do." Ava says, walking into the dressing room. "It's with this local news station, after that we can go to the hotel. Daniel's already there, and if I'm right the others will arrive shortly."

"Let's get it over with then." I say and let Ava lead me to a room where a camera crew is all set to the interview.

"Hi Aimee, thanks for making time for us. I'm Lawrence, I'll be conducting the interview," The interviewer introduces himself. Before explaining to me where I have to stand for the perfect shot, and handing me a microphone so the audio could be recorded properly. "I'm here with Aimee Halstead. The Dutch singer is wrapping up her US tour here in Seattle. How's the tour been Aimee?"

"Well I've enjoyed it mostly. It was the perfect chance for me to discover the beauty of the United States, while doing what I love." I explain, receiving a smile from the interviewer who's motioning for me to go on. "We travelled mostly by tour bus and had lots of free time scheduled in, so I was able to go out and discover. I went to the US Formula One Grand Prix, I got to see the Niagara Falls, went for a walk through Central Park. I went up the Space Needle yesterday. I think it was nice to do the touristy things as well."

"It sounds like it was one big vacation then?"

"It wasn't, performing multiple nights a week is still heavy on the body. Along with all of the rehearsals we had to do, to get used to a different stage each city. But I enjoyed it, and that's very important for me. If I hadn't enjoyed it, I wouldn't have decided to go on a European tour this summer." I say smiling, knowing that I've just announced my summer tour for the first time.

"That's amazing! But before we look at the future, why did you choose Seattle to end in? Most artists us the more famous cities."

I chuckle at his question. "Well, I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, and I just felt like this city was either perfect for the start or the end. I also love snow a lot. So I decided to end here, hoping I'd get some snow on my final concert. Sadly, the weather's looking like it's going to rain. But I'm happy to be here either way."

We wrap up the interview, happy that for once an interviewer stays away from my personal life. "Thank you for the interview." Lawrence thanks me, before I leave the room.

"You're welcome." I say closing the door behind me.

"Can we go now?" I ask Ava, suddenly very aware of all the people probably waiting for me at the hotel. "You made dinner reservations and then bowling reservations as well?" I ask her, knowing I wanted to go bowling with everyone coming out tonight, after we had dinner at the hotel restaurant.

"I did, I also wasn't sure how to book Lando a room. I wasn't sure if you were planning on anything. But I did make a reservation for him, just so there won't be any rumours coming from the hotel reception."

"Thanks." I say getting into the back seat of the car. Ava and Charlotte taking the front.

When we get into the hotel lobby, I notice four very familiar people standing there. I can see Daniel tapping Lando's shoulder to get his attention, his eyes immediately locking with mine. I speedily walk up to them, literally throwing myself at Lando. Wrapping my arms around him. "I'm so happy you're here." I squeal tightening the hug. I just look at him, really wanting to place my lips on his. But also very aware that people are watching, and I don't want any rumours.

"I'm happy to be here." He says, putting me back down. Giving me the chance to say hi to Kelly, Max and Daniel as well. Charlotte and Ava having joined the group. Everyone either introduces themselves or greets the other. Charlotte being welcomed by everyone. She's been a familiar face around the paddock for a while, and I'd hoped they would be welcoming to her now as well.

All of us leave to go get settled in the rooms, but we don't all fit in one elevator. Somehow leaving me and Lando on the ground floor waiting for another elevator.

"So the separate room?" He says looking at the room key in his hand.

"It's a decoy." I say meeting his eyes. "You're more than welcome to stay in mine." I hand him my extra key card and he quickly puts his away. "Just didn't want any rumours coming from hotel staff." A smile forms on his face.

"Gosh you're so much better at this than me." He says as the elevator returns, so we can get up to our floor. We get up to the hotel room, getting ready for the evening. I decide to go for jeans and a dark green blouse. Whereas Lando goes for jeans and his pink Quadrant hoodie.

"That hoodie looks good on you. Makes you look tan." I say, brushing my hair, as he sneaks up behind me. Wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Hmm. This blouse looks very good on you too." He whispers in my ear, before placing a few kisses on my neck. I move my neck to the side a bit, giving him a little more access. I put the hairbrush away, twisting around in Lando's arms so that I'm now facing him. We just look at each other, the first time in a long long time we've been able to take each other in properly.

I place my hands in his neck, closing the distance between us. Placing my lips on his firmly, igniting the kiss I'd been longing ever since he left in Boston. Our lips move together, Lando pressing me against the sink, closing what little distance there is between us. "I missed that." I whisper when we part.

"So did I." Lando says a small smile on his face. "There's actually something I want to ask you." He then says, my body going into distress immediately. Not certain what's going on, and Lando can sense it. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad. At least I don't think so." He says, moving his hand to my face, drawing circles on my cheek in an attempt to calm me down. "I, uh, I wanted to ask you if you'd be my girlfriend." He stammers, looking down at the ground nervously.

———————————————
Hi everyone! So I wanted to let you know I'm busy writing the end of this book. But beware, there'll be a sequel. Or at least that is what I'm thinking right now. Hope you all are still enjoying this. I get very happy with all the votes and everything so please keep that up ❤️🌺

edited 5/12/2023