Chapter 9: Ex

Fury got Dream seeing red as he marched through the hallways. An aftermath of having to withstand a cascade of apologies that eventually made him realize just how little George valued himself.

Dream hated himself but not as much as he hated his soon to be ex-girlfriend. If he'd only known how far she'd push the situation. Never did he want to witness someone as broken as the poor brunette. And for what? For saving his life after his girlfriend's failed "prank".

He found Sapnap and Karl by their lockers and went up to them. They both gave him questioning glances, clearly noticing his provoked state. "You two. Go to the library and make sure that George gets home safely." Dream commanded, not stopping long enough to hear their response.

Lunch was approaching so Dream figured that he'd find her in the cafeteria. And surely enough, there she was, surrounded by a few guys from the football team, her best friend and Quackity.

Quackity rose with a broad smile that faltered the moment Dream was close enough to distinguish his facial features. Olivia got up and rounded the table to greet him but stopped when she saw his pissed off state.

"What's wrong, baby?" She asked with played innocence.

The nickname "baby" caused Dream to internally cringe.

When it was about an arm's reach between them, Dream stopped. Glaring daggers into Satan's blonde daughter.

"Don't ever call me that again." He answered coldly.

Her mouth fell agape at his rude tone. "You're a self-absorbed bitch, you know that?"

She wrapped her arms around herself. The blue eyes widened in shock and a glossy layer started to form. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Clay!"

"You." He stated simply and emotionless. "You're my biggest flaw honestly. A stuck-up motherfucker who's so obsessed with her image that you'd probably burn an orphanage down if it meant you stay "young and flawless" for the rest of your life." Dream spat.

Tears began trailing down her cheek. But Dream knew better than to be fooled by her tactics and he wasn't done tormenting her yet.

"You're nothing but a spoiled brat whose only personality trait is believing that everyone's below you. And maybe that why everything revolves around your looks because you're too afraid that people will see the real you. Get a glimpse of your rotten, nonexistent personality."

With a harsh grip around his arm, she yanked them closer. "You fucked up. You know exactly what I'll do. You can kiss your future goodbye." She sneered.

Dream let out a humorless laugh. "Oh trust me, I'm counting on it. But anything is better than having to spend one more minute with you. So, consider us over."

Olivia backed away with a strained look although her eyes shone with hatred. She spun around to face the stunned audience. Dream knew that she'd spill every last secret she knew about him. But he honestly couldn't be bothered to care.

Countless glances were exchanged amongst the crowd. Dream glared at them boredly. He was fed up with her blatant disrespect for other people.

Without hesitation, he spun around and walked away debating his next move.

Karl and Sapnap were gone so Dream hoped that they'd followed his instruction. An idea popped into his head. He yearned to meet George. There was so much he wanted– needed– to say. He pulled up Sapnap's contact and quickly dialed his number.

Three tones later and the ravenette picked up. "Dream?"

"Yeah. Did you get George home?"

"Yes he's home. Why?"