Chapter 11: Vulnerability

Dream was over the moon when George finally got out from the café. Overly excited for their study date.

Behind him tailed Ellie, though she put extra effort into not looking up at Dream who glared at her.

The brunette had put the green hoodie back on and held the hood tightly around his head to shut out the cool breeze. The sight was adorable, creating a foolish grin across his face as George got into passenger seat.

Eagerly Dream drummed against the steering wheel. "Ready to go?"

George put his backpack between his feet before looking up at Dream with a surprisingly fond smile. "Sure thing. But where exactly are we going?"

Dream shrugged. "We could go home to me unless you got a better idea?"

The brunette sank comfortable down in the warm car seat and gave Dream an approving nod before closing his eyes and covering most of his face in the hoodie. Another awfully adorable sight. He wondered if George would collapse on his bed much like the last time. And much like last time, he knew that if that was the case, he'd allow him to stay asleep for as long as he wanted.

----------------

No one in Dream's family was home as they got to the house. They made it up to his room accompanied by Patches. Both sat down on opposite sides of his bed and Patches made a clear statement that George was her favorite person by directly laying down in the brunette's lap.

Books and papers were spread across the bed as the two of them made some progress on the project, which was a relieving, considering how far behind they were. George exceeded his expectations yet again. The brunette knew plenty about addiction and could contribute with lots of useful information. Though Dream noted that he seemed somewhat uncomfortable when asked why he knew so much about the subject.

Another thing was his reaction to Dream's poorly worded question regarding how one would "choose" to become an addict, to which George firmly objected that addiction was as much of a disease as any other.

In the end they almost completed the entire thing. Dream was pleased to see how much more relaxed the brunette became as time went by. The dainty hands constantly kept petting Patches the entire time and the cat's presence seemed to have a positive effect on George well-being.

Dream's mom had interrupted during one point to introduced herself and offered George to stay for dinner. Initially the brunette declined but Dream eventually convinced him to stay and together they ordered pizza that they currently consumed while watching a movie.

They sat with their backs against the wall with the laptop was placed between them. Their shoulders were nearly touching and a few times had their hands brushed passed each others. That simple contact was enough to make Dream's brain hazy from tons wonderful feelings colliding. Never had he felt such strong emotions during his time with Olivia, yet all it took for George was a smile.

Speaking of George, his gaze was plastered at the screen while his fingers combed through Patches fur. The movie was quite good, yet Dream found himself completely uninterested. His eyes longed to trail over to George every given chance and he desperately tried to get as close as possible without seeming suspicious or creepy. After all, they hadn't known each other that long.

He caught a glimpse of George's face that was lit by the computer. The messy dark locks hung loosely around his head. The dark room combined with the faint light from the computer enhanced the sharp jawline, the prominent eyebrow and the amazingly soft and plump lips.

Lips. Why was he focusing on George's lips?

He shook his head and returned his focus to the movie. Suddenly a loud ringing disrupted their peaceful time. George reached for his phone and the dark eyes widened at the sight of the caller ID.