6: A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle!

Nina POV:

After we continued walking we'd finally reached our destination in Santalune City. Me and Ash were very psyched about it racing through Santalune City with Bonnie at our side.

"Yeah! Santalune gym you'd better look out! I'm gonna get my first Kalos badge from you," Ash said, racing forward.

"Not if I get there first!" To make myself go faster I'd returned Togepi to its Pokeball. Clemont struggled behind us.

"Come on guys, can't you slow down a little?" he asked, then the brainiac accidentally fell on his face. We continued to run but eventually stopped, me a bit in front of Ash.

"Hey Clemont! Hurry up!" Ash called.

"One thing, and I think it's kind of important. Do you have any idea where the Santalune gym might be located?" he asked, still lying on the ground.

"No clue, course I don't!" Ash stated, I gave him a questioning look. "I figure stuff out best when I run!" he said, jumping up on the fountain. "Keep moving ahead and you can't go wrong!" he said as the fountain began to pump water, "That's the way we roll!" Ash smiled at Pikachu. I jumped up next to him.

"Woo! I second that!" I cheered. Putting an arm on Ash's shoulder. Suddenly a girl near the fountain took a picture of us.

"Thanks so much for the great pic," she said. "The two of you seem to have the making of a great team. And you also seem like it," she smiled at me.

"Hey thanks, Pikachu's my partner," Ash explained.

"FYI, if you're going to the Santalune gym make a right at that corner," she said, for a moment I thought she seemed really familiar. Then I realized, she's the Santalune City gym leader.

"Yeah? Awesome, thanks a lot for the info. I told you we can't go wrong," Ash said, jumping off the fountain.

"Aren't you the aah!" I started before Ash pulled me off the fountain.

"Let's move Nina!" he said as we ran off.

"Ash, Nina, not so fast!" Clemont yelled.

"Hey! Wait up!" Bonnie also yelled, running after us. Soon enough, Clemont caught up with us and we continued running. Finally we reached the building and stood in front looking it down.

"Wow we made it!" Ash said.

"Now if I remember my facts correctly the Santalune gym leader specializes in bug type Pokemon," Clemont remarked.

"I can't wait to go inside, it's gonna be fun!" Bonnie smiled.

"Let's go!" I said as we walked toward the gym.

"Hello in there! We wanna challenge you to a battle," Ash said, referring to me and him. Before suddenly out of nowhere a Helioptile leapt out of the gym and pounced on Ash's face, greeting him, so evidently they'd known each other from beforehand.

"It's Helioptile," Ash said, startled and surprised at the same time.

"Welcome Ash, Pikachu," another voice came. The Helioptile jumped off Ash and jumped up on another girl. "It's nice to see you both again," she said.

"Hey Alexa, I didn't know you were here," Ash said.

"Uh huh, I finished up my reporting, and thought you'd be here soon so I waited. So are these your new friends?" she asked the rest of us. I immediately recognized this woman; she was one of the top reporters in all of Kalos.

"Yup, I met them in Lumiose City," Ash explained.

"Hi Alexa, my name's Bonnie. And this is Dedenne. And this is my brother," Bonnie introduced herself.