16: Seeking Shelter From The Storm!

On Route 5, several dark clouds rolled in as lots of lightning bolts shot out of the sky and into the forest below them. After a couple seconds the first droplets of rain fell from the sky. At an abandoned building lightning flashed on it. Inside there was a portrait of an elderly woman.

"It's freezing!" Ash exclaimed as he and the others ran up to the house.

"We're getting soaked," Serena cried.

"Just keep running, we'll be dry eventually!" Nina said fed up with the rain.

"Let's duck in there," Clemont suggested.

"Aah! Dedenne stay still!" Bonnie told the Antennae Pokemon in her bag. As they ran underneath the roof outside the house, none of them noticed the front door creak open.

"Whoa," Serena said, attempting to dry her hair.

"Ugh that was horrible," Nina said, wringing out the hood on her hoodie.

"Man what a storm," Ash said, stroking Pikachu.

"It came up so suddenly," Clemont noted, taking off his backpack.

"I hate thunder," Bonnie remarked, before a massive bolt of lightning came down and she hid against Nina, who stumbled back slightly and bumped into the door. Suddenly Bonnie noticed the door had creaked open.

"Let's ask if we can stay here until it stops raining," Ash suggested. Bonnie and Nina then peered into the house.

"Guys the door's open," Nina said, walking in with Bonnie.

"Yay!" Bonnie cheered.

"Bonnie! Nina! You can't just go in there!" Clemont said to them.

"Excuse you, inventor boy?" Nina questioned him.

"Anybody home?" Bonnie interrupted the argument about to start between Clemont and Nina. "Hello? Can we stay here until it stops raining?" Bonnie asked.

"Scuse us!" Clemont said, knocking on the door.

"Is anybody here?" Serena asked.

"Are we allowed to stay here?" Nina asked. Unbeknownst to everyone, two sets of eyes were watching the Pokemon trainers.

"Is anybody in here?" Ash asked, loudly.

"Hello?" Clemont asked.

"Sorry to bother you," Serena apologized.

"This place seems totally deserted," Nina said.

"The exterior is in pretty bad shape, so maybe nobody lives here anymore," Clemont suggested.

"Hey, why don't we just stay here for a while?" Bonnie smiled.

"Yeah it'll keep us out of the rain at least," Nina agreed.

"I guess so..." Clemont said, reluctantly.

"Maybe, but this place gives me the creeps," Serena said, as Clemont cringed.

"Yeah, me too," Ash said.

"Don't, even, go there," Nina said, already annoyed with her friend's antics.

"It's better than getting wet," Bonnie said.

"Eh-he, I think it feels creepy because there's no light," Clemont said before he began to rub a nearby lamp. "Looks like it's still working," he smiled. Before the lights flickered to life.

"That's better!" Bonnie smiled, spinning around.

"Sure is," Ash smiled.

"Agreed," Nina said.