green envelopes

The wind blew through the young queens hair as she stood in the centre of the meadow, hands clasped tightly behind her. It was moments like this that she felt she could relax. She felt rather beautiful when in her moments alone, no one to plaster makeup on her face, especially now as she stood surrounded by just the wild flowers, not a single maid in sight. However she new this moment could not last, she was summoned by her mother to another meeting in regards to the war that would soon rage amongst her beloved kingdom.

"Threats have been more frequent lately, we need backup, our forces are not strong enough to fight the North." Your mother explained, her face twisted with worry.

"Yes mother I realize that, if we can get in touch with the South we can create a relationship and have them lend us their troupes for the attack. Father was close with King Chalamet, surely he will be kind with me." You fold your hands in front of you, your face completely blank as you speak.

"White sparks flew last night Miss l/n, King Chalamet stepped down, his eldest son will be taking the throne tomorrow evening." The duke smiles wryly. Your uncle (the duke) never really liked you, however, the feeling was very mutual.

You rub your finger along your lips. "I see," you had never met the kings children, he was always over in your kingdom with your father, they talked all night discussing political matters, and speaking highly of their wives. Sometimes they would even let you into their meetings. "Give me the evening, don't worry mother." You nod at the men in the room and then hold your mothers hands and nod at her. She bites her lip, and nods back. "Good evening gentlemen, mother, uncle. We will talk tonight." You turn and leave.

———

You sit in your tub, scrubbing your shins. What to do? What would your father do? Think! Father would work with what he has. The new king. Befriend him? Ugh, no. Friends were useless, you had books and your beloved cat, Mews. There was your father you could talk too, but you could only see him when you would dream now, and you promised to update your mother tonight. Gosh you missed him. Hmm, maybe you could chat with his father (former king), no. He didn't really have say in anything anymore. Your desperate thoughts are interrupted by a light knock on the chamber door.

"Miss l/n?" A woman's voice. One of your maids you assumed. Submerging yourself in the bubbles you called for the woman to come in. A green envelope was in her hand. "You've gotten mail from the South."

Of course you already knew this from the envelope's colour but you thanked her anyways. "You are excused." You said as you flipped the green paper in your hands. The gold stamp that held down the flap of the envelope had the South's seal burned into it. Two crossed swords. You despised it, you found it ugly. Tearing open the envelope you unfolded the sheet of paper with the kings oh so familiar hand writing.

My dearest y/n,

As you may have noticed white sparks flew from the South.

I figured it was time to end the era and my eldest son will be taking my place.

As your friend, I am personally inviting you to my sons coronation.

After your mother so kindly invited me and my wife to yours I felt it was only right for you to be there for our new king.

We ask that you arrive by early evening sharp.

I've missed seeing you and it will be good to talk again.

Tell your mother I say hello and I hope you can make time to see an old friend.

Best regards, and forever here,

Fredrick Chalamet

You squint at the writing, reading it over and over. You smile slightly at yourself. Perfect. You called for a maid, and she quickly answered, arriving in seconds. "Give this to my mother and tell her we will travel to the South tomorrow to make it for early evening." You hand the woman the paper. "Have the horses groomed and get us a carriage for tomorrow." You rest your hands on your knees, that pop out from the water. "We have a coronation to attend."

Okay ik it's low key short but I'll post whenever I've finished writing a chapter (i promise it'll be fast 😍) so it's a win lose type situation. Tysm for reading my book, I loooove Timmy Tim and yuh. Get food, get water, you're beautiful, Timmy knows it too

See you soon my pretties

- E