the woman in white

The woman wore white, beautifully waiting for her turn to walk. At royal weddings there were no brides maids or groomsmen. They had a flower girl, and the father walk the bride down the isle. Since the woman's father was no longer, she held the king's father's arm. The king's youngest sister walked down the isle, tossing rose pedals around. The queen stared at her feet, which were covered by white fabric. She waited patiently for her moment.

You looked gorgeous as ever, wrapped in your white silks. Zennie, Timothée's little sister stood beside her big brother in her pink dress with the puffy skirt, the wicker basket that held the petals held in front of her.

Fredrick nods to you and pulls you forwards, all nerves leave your stomach as you gracefully move forwards. Everyone is standing and staring at you, your mother is holding a handkerchief to her eyes, a watery smile on her face. You smile at her and give a little wave. Your veil drags behind you, beautiful blue flowers embedded into the mesh. You glance up at Timothée and he's already looking at you.

Timothée is in an all white suit, his pocket square is green as a nod to his kingdom. He's staring at you, looking shocked. He looks so handsome. You were currently in the South, it was protocol.

You can see Kris and Penny, Penny's got a big goofy smile on her face and Kris is balling their eyes out. You smile at them and they wave. Fredrick kisses you on the cheek and finds his spot beside his wife. You stand across from Timothée and hold his hands.

They're shaking.

You smile at Timothée and shuffle, so many eyes on you, so many people staring. The officiant clears his throat. "The rings please." Zennie shuffles forwards and hands them to her brother. The man standing in between you smiles and begins to speak. "Do you, Timothée take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

You stare at Timothée. "I do." He says, staring at the ground.

"And do you, Y/n take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

"Yes, I do." You stare out at your mother.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife, king and queen. You may kiss the bride."

Timothée leans in cautiously, he kisses you on the corner of the mouth and when you break apart you swallow hard. He leans his lips close to your ear so his breath tickles your skin. "How are you feeling?" He murmurs.

"Overwhelmed." You whisper back.

"Just remember our little secret, everything will be good soon." He leans back and winks at you.

You nod at him and turn to look at the audience, they all begin to rise and you realize it was time to leave the ceremony. Another odd thing that the royals did was there were no vows, and the only speeches were of the mothers during dinner.

Timothée laces his fingers through yours and leads you out, the entire chapel follows you out.

——

"When y/n and my son first met, she slapped him." The crowd gasps and giggles. Lillian was halfway through her speech, you stare at your half empty plate. "It was funny, really. But now seeing them together I think it lead to this beautiful moment." She sighs, "I am proud of my son for marrying this beautiful woman, she is unlike any girl I've seen, and she is very witty and will not put up with his idiocy." Timothée stares at his mother. "No offence, my son." She adds sweetly. You smile. "Alison, my time is up. Please give us your wise words." She passes your mother the microphone.