invites

The queen was discharged in the afternoon the next day. The king was gone in the morning, swept away for a meeting. When he returned the hospital bed was empty, the deck of cards left on the side table. The queen stayed in her chambers, ordered to rest by the nurses. So she sat in her bed and wrote and dwelled on what happened in the hospital.

Your quill scratches along the parchment paper as you write. You're writing a letter to your friends from the pub. Penny and Kris. You're writing at a quick, panicked paces. You try to wright the interaction from the night before, but the words you scribbled out were just balled up and thrown away. You were too embarrassed, this wasn't something you could write into words. An idea generates.

My dearest friends,

I have a slight issue, but it is not one I can write into words.

In short time I will be getting married, you are both invited.

This will arrive this evening so I request that tomorrow by noon

you are outside of the pub with your bags packed.

Yours,

Y/n

You scowl at your writing this was so embarrassing. The pair knew you were injured during battle, apparently another thing Timothée did for you was write to your friends. He saved all their letters in the hatbox you kept on your vanity.

You fold the letter into a light blue letter and seal it. You call for a maid after you write the pair's address. She arrives quickly, worried that something had happened. When you hold out the blue slip she relaxes and takes it from you. "Would you mind making sure this gets to the address tonight?" You ask. Since the hospital you barely spoke to anyone. The most words that had come out of your mouth were the night you woke up, and it showed when the maid brightened. Honoured to have words dedicated to her.

"Yes, of course." She bows and smiles. "Anything else miss?" She asks.

You wave her away and let out a long sigh.

Kris lays back in the mass of pillows while Penny sits on the foot of the bed, legs crossed. You stand before them, it had been a while since you just stood around. It was nice. Kris is cleaning the guck out from under their finger nails with your envelope opener while Penny looks at you with content eyes.

"Okay, hang on." Penny waves a hand in front of her face. "You guys kissed, and nothing has happened since?"

"I wouldn't say kissed." Your face is hot, but it was better than explaining this in a letter.

"Oh my god." Kris groans. "You've been on about this for an hour! You two just need to bone."

"Kris!" Penny and you screech. You out of embarrassment and Penny out of disgust.

"Look, y/n you've been stressing for sixty minutes. If you are willing to talk about how a man could react to something bold you did, you obviously have a thing for him. If you're going to spaz out talking to him, do what you're good at and write the bastard a letter." They scoff and roll their eyes.

Penny raises her eyebrows and nods. "That's a good idea, you should do that. Kris and I can give it too him as well."

You sigh. "I guess that could work, but what would I even write?"

"Exactly what you told us." Kris is sitting up next to Penny now.

You stare at them. You had been sending letters back and forth for the past month since your outing with Timothée. Apparently word spread that a queen was sending them letters and they were the talk of their town. Their first letter they had expressed the shock they had felt when there was a blue envelope with a royal stamp, just for them. They were also ecstatic when they found they were invited to your wedding.

You spin your quill in your fingers as you stare at the ink you had written out. Dearest Timothée. You press your lips together. Kris and Penny are leaning over you in anticipation. "I can't do this." You sigh, setting down the pen.

"Y/n, stop being a little baby." Penny snaps. "We've been sitting here for thirty minutes for you to write two words! Let's take a break and go outside for a walk or something. Then you can come back, man up, and write this damn letter." She scowls.

Kris raises their eyebrows. "Damn, Penny. Okay."

You pucker out your lips. "Yeah, okay." You rise and pull on a loose dress.

You spend the rest of the afternoon in the courtyard.

AND SO A NEW CHAPTER IS BORN

TYSM FOR READING PLS TAKE CARE OF URSELVES DRINK FOOD AND WATER

LOVE YOU ALL

-EVIEREENIE