late night talking

The queen sways as she walks. She felt tired, all the dancing had drained her. She had always been used to calm coordinated movements, not quick self created grooves. She leant against her king, eyes nearly closing from exhaustion. She got up into her guest room, got a maid to come get her into night clothes. And then she tried to sleep. All exhaustion left her body, the woman could not get to bed.

You wander down the hall towards the main steps, rubbing your eyes. You sigh, the castle was so peaceful at night, when you couldn't sleep in your kingdom it was very similar. Except for when your father was around, when you were young and you had a nightmare you would come downstairs to his office and sniffle at the door until he opened up. He would sit you on his lap and talk about what thing he was working on. You would wipe your eyes and giggle as he complained about how boring things were as a king.

You stare at the figure at the bottom of the stairs. A short, slim figure stands staring at you. You stare back. "Who the hell are you?" It was a woman, and she sounded like she had food stuffed in her face.

You stare at her. "Uh, I'm um...I-I'm." You swallow, very caught off guard by her figure.

"Well? Spit it out then." She snaps.

You scoff. "Hey, I could ask you the same thing." You cross your arms over your chest.

"Cloe Chalamet." She takes another bite of whatever is in her hand. (Pronounced Cloe and in low 😍) "I thought my brother had a woman. Don't tell me he's being a whore."

You snort. "I am said woman." You walk down the stairs. Once you get close enough to see her features you realize how stunning the young woman was. She looked exactly like Timothée. Only her long curly locks reached past her waist and her green eyes were more dull than his. And the rest of her was identical. "Y/n." You hold out your hand.

She tentatively shakes it. She lets go of your hand. "You're too hot to marry my brother." She states.

"Hah! Trust me marrying Timothée wasn't in my best interest." You sigh. "You're sharp, I'll give you that."

"That's where my brother and I contrast. I am funny, he is not." She rolls her eyes.

You chuckle. "What are you eating?" You ask.

"Croissant." She chews at the pastry. "Why are you up?" Cloe asks giving you a pointed look.

"Could ask you the same thing." You purse your lips.

"I dunno, couldn't sleep." She shrugs. "Usually no one is up and I can enjoy my pastry."

"Apologies." You say flatly.

"Nah you're cool." Cloe says.

"Thank god you're nothing like your brother. No offence but he is one annoying prick." You run a hand over your nightgown.

"Finally someone gets it." Cloe scowls, she sits down on the stairs. You sit beside her and she tears a piece of croissant and hands it to you. "Ever since we were little he was so annoying. He never did anything but his little comments are so aggravating." She waves the pastry around and you giggle. "And like even now he thinks he's so high and mighty because he's king now, and I probably shouldn't tell you this because you're like his queen or whatever but like when he was prince he still did whatever he wanted, which was annoying in itself, but like he would just bring random chicks back here and then when my dad would call him on it he would deny everything." She rants.

"Ugh, what an idiot." You roll your eyes, shaking your head.

You chat with Timothée's sister for the next half hour. She was just very easy to relate to and talk to. After a while you excuse yourself and make your way back to bed. And after complaining and talking you could finally get to sleep.

You stand in your dad's old office. Arms out standing on a podium. People pull measuring tapes along your skin and for the first time in a long time in a long time you felt watched and judged. Once your measurements were done being taken you would be escorted to Timothee's chamber where you oversee his measurements. And then as a pair you would go down to the soldiers hall and call them all to have their armour fitted. The maids chatter anmongst each other, exchanging hallway gossip. It was all irrelevant and harmless so you let them blabber on. The tape measurer is held against the crown of your head, one woman spews out the numbers while another scribbles them down. They pull the plastic strip along your hips, your waist, your wrists and ankles. Along your chest and neck. Anywhere the under clothing would go. In a few days they would come back and do similar measurements for the actual armour. Once they finish they dismiss you to go back to doing what you want. A maid walks with you towards Timothée's room. She knocks twice and pushes open the door. She doesn't enter. You thank her and turn into the room. Your stomach drops. Timothée is standing in the centre of the room, arms out, shirt off. You choke your stomach back down and step forward.

You nod at the maids. "Good afternoon." You ignore the embarrassment blush on your face.

Timothée turns his head and stares at you. "Afternoon." He chokes out. A light pink dusting his pale cheeks.

You bite your index finger and converse with Timothée's maids, ignoring the man. You look over at the man, he's already staring at you. He looks away and you smile to yourself, before shaking your head and scowling.

GAH SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN USUAL. I COMPLETELY SHATTERED MY FUCKING IPAD 😭😭 GOD DAMMIT.

AIGHT DRINK SOME WATER EAT YO FOOD

AND DON'T DO DUMB THINGS BECAUSE I GOT A LITTLE TIPSY LAST NIGHT (new years eve of 2022-going into 2023) WITH MY FRIENDS AND CALLED MY CRUSH AND EMBARRASSED THE FUCK OUT OF MYSELF BUT YK HAHA 💀✋

OK BYE LOVE YOU ALL UNTIL NEXT TIME MY PRETTIES

-E