17

"Sorry about last week, Y/N, I...had a lot going on," Harry sighs as he sits down on his sofa, slapping his knees. He sits strangely close to me considering this is going to be a difficult conversation.

"...Right," I slightly squint my eyes at him. I know in this moment that Harry is hiding something. I don't know what or why, but I've just made it my goal to find out what it is.

"Can I go first?" Harry asks, his eyes looking everywhere but at me. He must be nervous. I nod in response when his eyes finally meet mine.

"Listen, Y/N, I've been thinking about it, like a lot, and I really don't want to lose you," He says, taking my hands in his. I glance down at our intertwined hands, beginning to feel nervous. Harry's feelings are exactly what I wanted to hear, but I can't help but wonder if he actually wants to be with me.

"That's really sweet, Harry," I reply, doing my best to put on a brave face. His hands drop mine and reach up to my face, I allow myself to briefly let go of the pressure I have been carrying.

"What is it, Y/N?" Harry asks.

"I don't understand," I reply, almost telling myself.

"What don't you understand?" 

"Do...do you actually want to be with...me?" I ask, lowering my head ever so slightly.

Harry sighs deeply, his hands now moving to hold his own head in his hands, rubbing his temples. It takes a strangely long time for Harry to respond, he looks deep in thought, refusing to look at me. Deep down I think I already know the answer. 

'I..." Harry begins, but he doesn't finish his sentence.

I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears that threaten to fall as he trails off. I find myself frantically nodding before slapping my thighs and standing up abruptly. Harry seems to be startled by my movements as he stands up with a jolt before I turn round and head to the door. The tears fulfil their threat as I reach for the door handle, only to have my hand be grabbed by Harry's and be turned around, only inches away from him. 

"Don't leave, Y/N," Harry begins before I cut him off.

"No, Harry, don't be like that! You've made it very clear you don't want to commit to me so just let me go!" I say firmly, attempting to turn my back to him, but I find myself unsuccessful.

"I didn't say that, Y/N," He sighs, "I just..."

"You just, what?" I ask, cutting him off as I feel myself beginning to lose my temper.

Harry looks into my eyes before leaning down and planting a kiss onto my lips. I hold back for a brief moment, refusing to let Harry be in control before I decide to fight for dominance. His hand lets go of mine before wrapping around my body, holding me close as I feel the heat from his body against mine. What would normally feel confining feels comforting, all sense of logic disappearing into thin air.

Harry pulls away slightly before whispering, "I'm yours," onto my lips.

-------

A/N: Happy holidays, everyone! I hope everyone who celebrates had a happy Christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year <3