50

- 4 years later -

Growing up I never believed in soulmates. I thought they were a ridiculous idea made up by people who craved some sort of hope to grasp onto to make their lives fulfilling. If you asked me now, my answer would most definitely not be the same.

"You look as pretty as a magnolia in May," My mother chokes up as her hands smooth out the delicate lace veil that covers my hair. Despite my rocky relationship with my mother, I can tell she is feeling incredibly overcome with emotion as tears threaten to fall from her eyes in the reflection of the mirror before me. My gaze moves to my dress, the flush satin looking seamless and classy in the sunlight. It's a fairly simple dress; the bodice tight satin with layers of extra fabric creating off-the-shoulder sleeves, the skirt of the dress spilling onto the floor making me feel like a princess I'd fantasise about as a child.

"Ready?" My mother asks, handing me my bouquet- an assortment of various colourful flowers. I take a deep breath as my hand reaches out to grab the bouquet, the action feeling like I'm already securing my fate, and hold the flowers in front of me, "Ready," I smile.

-----

Some moments of your life are so precious, so special that time feels like it stops. The world around you becoming completely irrelevant as your mind focuses in on the specific moment. It's a truly magical experience. Walking down the aisle is one of these magical moments.

My eyes lock with Harry's as the guests around me stand. As smart and as proper as he looks in his suit, I much prefer him in his everyday wear - he's much more handsome when he doesn't try. The birds around us chirp, my heels making contact with the floor with every beat of the classical rendition of Taylor Swift playing. Life doesn't feel real.

As I join Harry, my eyes wonder to gaze at the venue. A beautiful château in France sounded like the only option considering Harry and I share a closeness with French culture. We grew up in Guernsey, after all!

As we exchange rings our eyes meet, both of us seeming to understand that this is it. This is the promise. The promise we made all those years ago; when we reunited, started dating, broke up and forgave. The promise to each other. To cherish. To devote. To love. Forever.

-----

"You look absolutely beautiful, Mrs Lewis..." Harry whispers in my ear as we find a moment alone in the chaos of our wedding reception. Sure, it's joyous to be surrounded with all the people you love, celebrating that you found your person... but the best part, is when you're alone.

"As do you, my husband," I jest, straightening out the shirt and bow tie on the tall frame in front of me. Harry doesn't say anything more; he simply welcomes me into a gentle hug, smoothing my hair as we sway gently. I don't feel the urge to keep him in a tight embrace as deep down, I don't feel like he could slip away.

"Does this feel real to you?" He whispers against my skin, his breath tickling my skin as I pull away to face him.

"No," I admit with a smile forming on my face, "it doesn't."

"C'mon," Harry grabs my hand before leading me through the overly decorated halls, both of us laughing as we try not to knock over any kind of relic. We reach a balcony, high up away from any other form of human life, that looks out onto the beautiful rolling hills of France. However, my mind focuses on where the hills meet the vibrant sea, imagining what kind of life could be living within.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Harry asks, his eyes never leaving the sea. However this time, my eyes meet my husband. His hair now messy and his eyes tired. It's a view I consider a million times better than the landscape before us.

"Yes, beautiful," I agree, my eyes never leaving him. Harry moves his body to trap me between himself and the railing, leaving me with no escape. Although, I can't say I am looking for one. Harry gazes into my eyes, deep in concentration as I let out a laugh.

"What?"

"What's happening in that wonderful mind of yours, wife?" He smirks.

"You," I answer bluntly.

"Oh really?" He chuckles, "Me?"

"Yep."

"And what about me?" He teases.

"How you're mine, all mine." I smirk back, not allowing Harry to be the only cheeky one.

Harry engulfs me in a deep, passionate kiss. We don't ever seem to let go, hungry for each other and our future. My back bends gently over the stone railing as Harry pushes forward, clearly desperate for more. It's magical.

"They'll be missing us..." I say before attempting to make my way back to our reception.

"Then let them!" Harry grabs my arm in an attempt to hold me back, succeeding briefly but not before I'm back on my way.

"Come on, Harry, you still owe my aunt Daphne a dance!" I jest.

"Yeah, but, she's really aggressive when she dances..." he cowers.

"Ah, so that's why you snuck me away... to get out of a dance!" I pretend to be hurt, holding my heart in fake-despair as we laugh.

"Yeah, totally," He smirks, pulling me closer. I cant escape, and part of me doesn't even want to try. Another part of me cannot believe this man is mine, all mine.

"I'll cut you a deal then," I smirk, this time pushing myself closer to Harry to the point where we are mere inches away from each other.

"A deal?"

"Yes. a deal!"

"Shoot,"

"If we go back and dance, you know, have a fun time," Harry groans at my suggestion, "Then, and only then, will I will make our private evening magical."

"Won't it be magical anyway?"

"Oh, I'll make it an evening..." I get closer, "to die for."

In the blink of an eye Harry is gone. Completely out of sight. I only meet him again when I catch him attempting to share a dance with Daphne, trying his best not to fumble over my aunt's wild spirit.

I smile as I watch him, leaning against the door frame, chuckling as the new 'Mrs Lewis.'

————

A/N: I'd like to give a massive, massive thank you to all of you who have read, voted, followed or supported this story in any way over this past year! The story is nothing without the fans. I'm sad to be letting this story go, it's been a pleasure to write it for all of you. Thank you all so much and I'll see you in another one of my works!

(Please check out 'Seductive' and 'Scandalous' on my page, my two newest works)