23

"Where have you two been, eh?" Josh asks with a wide grin and his arm around Freya who is now passed out next to him.

"Oh, you know...around," I smirk as I lead Harry down the stairs, his hand interlocked with mine. Harry and I take a seat together on his couch amongst his friends, both of us seemingly having the same subconscious idea to listen into everyone's conversations.

"I have to admit," Harry begins to whisper in my ear, pulling a stand of hair to the side and his voice causing my ears to perk up, "Knowing that anyone could walk in makes it more fun."

I hum in response, "Hmm, I have to agree, Mr. Lewis."

I'm well aware of what I'm doing, and I have to say, I'm enjoying every single minute of it. Harry shuffles next to me, his eyes darting around the room to scan if anyone can hear our particularly... risky conversation.

"So how long have you two actually been going out?" Talia, who is sat opposite me on a pouffe, asks, making other conversations go quiet.

"Ehh, I dunno, a few months you could say?" Harry states, turning to shoot me a rather prideful smile, but to my dismay as I look around the room I'm not met with the positive attitude I was searching for.

Instead, everyone exchanges looks. Looks of confusion. Harry seems to notice this too as he clears his throat and adjusts his posture before asking Tobi about the missing sweets in his cupboard. I make eye contact with Talia. I'm getting the idea she knows something, something I'm not supposed to know but she wants me to. We continue to stare at each other as conversation flows around us. I furrow my eyebrows every so often to confirm to her that I'm very much in the dark.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that I haven't known these people long. Heck, I only met Talia, Freya and the other girls very recently, so I don't expect to be kept in the loop already. But, if I'm being honest, it stings to know that I appear to be the only person in the room who isn't in on this secret. Perhaps I said something or offended someone, I don't know, but I do know that my guy feeling is always right.

——-

"You fancy staying overnight? We can finally be alone," Harry grins, both hands holding mine as he leads me to the door to say our farewells to the others.

"Overnight? I think you mean for 4 hours until I need to get home and let Emma in," I retaliate.

"Well, I've told you that Emma needs to find her key. Besides, surely I'm more important, no?"

"Than my best friend? Ehh, I mean you're getting there, sure," I chuckle.

"Well I can think of something that will make you want to stay..."

"What's that, Harold?" I ask, leaning closer so our bodies are holding each other close.

"Oh, I think you know the answer to that, Miss Y/L/N," He smiles as we wave towards the group, all blissfully unaware of what's happening. If only they could hear our conversation. 

-------

A/N: Hey, hope you enjoyed this chapter. I have to admit I'm really enjoying this book so far, and I hope you are too!