48

"Ah nice, you're finally here!" Josh chuckles with his arms outstretched to embrace Emma and I in a hug. I exchange pleasantries with Josh before Emma does the same, my eyes searching the room around me as Emma and Josh continue their conversation behind my back. The floor to ceiling pristine white screen spills onto the floor as cameras litter the area around it, a particularly large group of people bringing and adjusting the filming equipment. I screw up my face as my eyes hit the beaming lights and as I try to decipher what the concept of this video could possibly be.

"What you thinking?" JJ asks as he approaches me, his hand gently patting my back before an arm is leaned over my shoulders.

"Just trying to figure out what we're filming," I admit.

"It's 20vs1..." JJ laughs, clearly very eager to begin making the video, no doubt purely due to the fact he gets the opportunity to shamelessly laugh at one of his friends.

"With who?" I ask, foolishly.

"Harry."

Shit.

-----

"Hello," I smile anxiously as I walk up to Harry who has a look of defeat on his face. The prompt was simple; smile, speak clearly and act as if you've never met Harry before. So why is this proving to be so difficult? My heart races in my chest as I await Harry's response, wondering if I'll face rejection live on camera before the footage is released to the world.

"Hi," He rubs his hands together anxiously, "It's a yes from me," He smiles. I thank him, both of us never breaking eye contact before I walk off camera. The sounds of whooping and cheering can be heard from a small room down the hall where the rest of the sidemen watch through a screen, a small smile and a shake from my head coming as a natural response.

It doesn't take particularly long before the tables are turned and it's our turn to pick Harry. Some of the other women leave, each of them with different excuses as to why, but I can't help but feel utterly bitter towards the women who chose to stay. Knowing that I have competition, whether it be for content or not, seems to bring out the worse in me. However, it also seems to spark a plan.

"So, why did you pick me?" I ask as I sit myself down in the seat opposite Harry, his face dropping the second the words leave my mouth.

"Eyes," He blurts out, "You've got nice eyes," He claims, a hand rubbing the back of his neck as the sound of laughter from the room down the hall echos into the studio. Harry and I can't help but chuckle before continuing our awkwardly, and might I add forced, conversation.

"Argh..." Harry groans as he slides down and off of his seat, slumping into a heap on the floor in front of me. I smirk to myself briefly before joining him on the floor, both of our heads turning to face each other. His rich, blue eyes burn into mine as a smile creeps onto my face, Harry grinning so wide he could be mistaken for the Cheshire Cat. Between our bodies our fingers dance, remembering the familiar grove of one another before intertwining.

-------

A/N: Hey, hope you all enjoyed. I'm super sad that this is the second last chapter of Serenity, it's been an absolute pleasure to write. Please make sure to check out Seductive if you can and take care x