42

"Babe, what the fuck is going on with you and Harry?" Talia asks, placing a cupcake onto my plate as I take a sip of my tea. One thing I'm certainly grateful for in all of this is that I met Talia, not only because she's supportive and has an incredibly fun personality, but also because she was gifted a voucher for a free afternoon tea which we are now putting to good use.

"I mean, I still love him, like I really do, but something's holding me back," I admit, making eye contact with Emma who can't seem to help but send me a sympathetic smile.

"Wait," Talia puts down her fine china cup with a clash, "Love? You love him? Like genuine love? Like, in love?" Talia rambles on, clearly unaware that I heard her question the first time.

"Y-yes?" I sheepishly answer, unsure of what answer is right or wrong in Talia's eyes, "I thought you knew, I thought everybody knew," I admit.

"I knew you liked him, I guess I just didn't know how much," Talia sighs before taking a rather large bite of her chocolate cupcake.

"Yeah, well, doesn't mean anything now, I guess..." I say, feeling sorry for myself as the girls comfort me, but the last thing I want right now is pity.

"At least I won't need to think about it for a bit, I'm going to my parents for a while," I sigh with relief.

"What?" Emma asks with a stunned look across the table. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that fact to Emma. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Georgia and Freya exchange a worried look.

"Oh, yeah sorry, I forgot to mention, I booked the week off so I'll be away," I confess, beginning to feel guilty as I can practically already hear Emma's answer.

"Great, they'll give me all of your work to do then," Emma complains, rolling her eyes as the table falls silent.

-----

"Are you mad at me?" I ask Emma as we find ourselves walking in a pair behind the other girls. I hate when Emma's annoyed at me. She's possibly the only consistent support in my life, and the person who knows me best, so when she's angry with me it feels like I have nowhere else to turn.

"No, not really," She admits, nudging my arm and managing to get a giggle out of me, "I know you've had a lot on your plate recently, so go see your family, it should help," She tries her best to give me words of encouragement.

"Yeah, or cause more bother," I scoff.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what my family's like, Emma, they're a mess," I almost laugh, but internally I'm screaming, "You remember New Years, don't you?"

"True," She agrees, "But they're not too bad!"

"Oh really? What about the incident on the day of our prom?" I jest, making Emma's eyebrows raise as she admits defeat.

"Yeah, alright, they're mad, but they're also supportive and they love you," She wraps an arm around me as I rest my head on her shoulder, both of us still making our way down the pavement.

"Hmph, sure," I say, but really I disagree.

"Genuinely, Y/N, they'll know what to do."

-------

A/N: Hey, Happy Easter! Hope you're all doing well and taking care of yourselves. If you haven't already, I'd appreciate it if you have a lil read of my new book 'Seductive' as it's possibly my best work yet. Anyway, thanks for reading :)