31

I hiss like a bat as the light from the fridge blinds me, screwing my face up as I glance away. I'm searching for the piece of cake I stashed away at the back when I hear the floorboards gently creek behind me. 

"What are you up to, Y/N?" Emma whisper-yells as I barely make out her wrapping her dressing gown round her body. The two of us stare at each other, as if making an unspoken agreement that it's better off not to ask why the both of us are in the kitchen at 4am.

"I could ask you the same," I stand my ground as Emma backs down, taking a seat at the breakfast bar as I give her a fork to help me finish eating my cake.

"oh, thanks," She says, but it's impossible to make out her expression as her hood covers her face and the room is too dark. It's only with the light of the moon outside shining in the window that I can make out her figure.

"Had a good date night then?" Emma asks, only this time I can tell by her voice she has a smug smirk plastered on her face.

"Was it that obvious?" I chuckle.

"Nah you were fine, Harry on the other hand, god, he could wake up the whole neighbourhood with the noise he makes," I can't help but let out a particularly loud snort at Emma's remark, to which Emma's hand shoots up to cover my mouth, slightly missing due to the darkness.

"Speaking of Harry, you should probably quieten down. Don't want to wake him from his beauty sleep," Emma jests.

"Oh, don't you worry, it would take an atomic bomb to waken him," I chuckle before taking a bite of cake, unintentionally melting as the flavour hits my tongue. Emma doesn't seem to share my laughter, instead tapping her nails rhythmically on the stone.

"Y/N, I'm not really sure how to tell you this," Emma begins as the tapping comes to a halt, "But, uhhh..." Emma seems uncomfortable, the motion of her leg bouncing on the chair being caught in my significantly smaller than normal line of vision.

"Spit it out, Emma," I smile, "Trust me, I'm a big girl. I can handle it," I try to convince Emma, leaning down in front of her to be at the same level.

"You're going to hate me. Or you'll say I was wrong, or I went too far..." Emma bows her head.

"Hey I'm not, I promise you, okay? We're on the same team," I place a hand on her shoulder, embarrassingly missing the first time and hoping she doesn't notice.

"When you and Harry were...you know...," I bow my head and look away swiftly, internally begging Emma to move on, "Well, you both left your jackets on the couch and I went to move them and then I noticed Harry's phone was in it when it fell out and then I checked it and there was messages and I panicked and I just..." Emma rambles on.

"Messages?" I feel like someone has stabbed me in the heart and ripped it right out of my chest, "What messages? From who?"

-------

A/N: The secrets out, Harry's been caught red handed. Find out what happens next soon!