45

"Well, aren't you a vision!" My Aunt Daphne squeals as she stands from our booked table - not seeming to care about the stares coming from other tables as she greets us - and engulfing me in a tight hug. My parents chuckle at the sight before taking their seats, my dad pulling mine out for me as I manage to break free from my aunt's grasp.

"I have to say, Y/N, I was surprised when your father called to mention you'd be home. I can't remember the last time you came home to Guernsey," My aunt laughs at her own statement as she takes a swig of the wine she ordered before we arrived. My parents and I laugh at my aunt's statement, but deep down I can't help but feel guilty for abandoning my past life here. It wasn't intentional, but it grew increasingly difficult to stay in Guernsey after I mentally associated it with my difficult childhood and high school trauma.

"So, why are you home?" My aunt asks, all attention turning to me. Great.

"Do I need a reason?" I ask teasingly.

"Ah, I know you, Y/N, something's up. You always run when things get tough, so what is it?" She's quick to catch on, I'll give her that. One thing I love is honesty, perhaps thats why Harry's lies hurt me so much - because I know I'd never lie to him. Perhaps that's also why I love my Aunt Daphne so much, she's brutally honest, she doesn't mess you around, she says it as it is. That's something that in this world is surprisingly hard to come by.

"A boy," My dad chimes in as I immediately get a sinking feeling in my stomach. I can't tell if it's the blatantly low regard that my father holds Harry in or the fear of judgement from the woman whose opinion I value the most.

"A boy? I didn't think you'd let a boy force you back to the place you hate the most, Y/N," Daphne questions, seemingly concerned that I've finally found a situation that I cannot defeat on my own, one that would force me to prefer to face the other demons that haunt my life. Heartbreak, who would've thought!

"Well, no matter what's happened, my only advice is to face it head on. Don't run from it, don't run from your home... or your heart."

That's it? I mentally curse at myself for clearly misjudging my Aunt and overcompensating her advice. I was expecting more in-depth mentoring, not something I could've heard in a cringey romcom.

However the more I think about it, I know she's right. I know where my home is, it's not here in Guernsey, it's in London, it's with Emma and my friends. It's with Harry. Harry Lewis.

I'm well aware that the logical thing would be to stay away from Harry, doing my best to forget us and everything we had, but as my mind wanders through my flat I wonder how that could ever be possible. I can see the sofa we watched TV on, the living area where we had our first argument, the table where we shared the most passionate kiss of my life, my bedroom where we shared our first kiss... ever. The idea of ever erasing Harry from my life seems impossible, seems like a task I'd waste my life away trying to ever complete, even if he's a traitor. 

-------

A/N: HELLO. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and aunt Daph! Make sure to vote if you can and take care. With love, ximeraz <3