35

When you really think about it, clubbing is weird. You willingly go to a packed building, surrounding yourself with hundreds of hot, sweaty people and praying you get drunk enough not to care. Nevertheless, I decide to accept the invite and tag along with Freya and the group. 

The bass of the music beats through the room like a pulse, vibrating the floor and spreading through my bones. I pray that this next shot will make my body numb enough to stop my head from pounding along with the music.

"Hey," Speaks a voice from behind me. As I turn around I'm relieved to be greeted by Tobi.

"Hi," I smile giddily, the alcohol making me a lot more sociable than usual, "How're you?"

"I think the real question is, how are you holding up?" He asks, taking a seat next to me at the bar. I'm well aware of what he's asking me, but Harry Lewis is not who I want to think about right now, so I don't think too long for a response.

"Yeah, I'm hanging in there," I can't help but laugh at the blatant lie I've just told, and Tobi seems to notice, but I can tell he's too kind to say anything.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, Harry heard you were coming and thought it would be best to give you space, so he's not going to show up," And with that, my smile drops.

-----

"How are you, Y/N?" Freezy asks, taking a seat across from me in our booth. Does everyone think I'm fragile or something?

"Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm alright."

"Look, I wasn't going to say anything," Freezy begins and I take a deep breath in, "But I'd really like to apologise for when we met. I'm not very good at reading signals when I'm drunk, but I'm genuinely sorry, it wasn't right," He sighs, bowing his head in guilt. It's comforting to finally have somebody apologise for their actions, even if I wish he was someone else.

"Well, I appreciate it. You'd be surprised how relieved that strangely makes me feel," I laugh, taking a swig of my strawberry daiquiri. I do not recommend.

"What do you mean?"

"I wish everyone would apologise for their wrongdoings, Freezy."

"Ah, I see. Have you not spoken to him then?" He asks, sounding sincere enough for me to tell the truth.

"Nah. Tobi told me that he cancelled when he heard I was coming tonight, so..." I swirl my straw around my glass, feeling a strange sensation of loneliness.

"Would you say that's a good thing, or a bad thing?" He quizzes me, making me stop and think of my genuine answer. I sigh.

"I don't know, it could be a fucking curse or a blessing in disguise," I admit, "I don't really know what to feel right now." 

Freezy doesn't respond, he just sends me an awkwardly comforting grin, nodding his head to show he understands. It's then that Freya grabs both of our hands and pulls us up for a group photo, Simon having to take over as he has the longest arms for a selfie. As I stand, drink in hand, Talia's hand round my waist and a fake smile, I know the alcohol I've consumed hasn't done it's job, and I need more.

-------

A/N: Hello, hello. Hope you're all enjoying the book. I have to say, I'm so happy it's spring and the weathers getting nicer, spring is definitely my fav! Have a great day :)