Reassurance

"We, the Nationalist Party, believe that there is a road to peace with the West." A man says as he gives his public speech to a crowd. As some people in the crowd throw insults, the family stays quiet as they watch from the back.

Patriotism is also important within Eden. I'll need to make sure they're also knowledgeable of politics and history.

With all the people talking about many things, Anya can't close out the people's thoughts and is overwhelmed by the voices flooding into her head. The little one swoons and grabs onto her dad's pants.

Loid looks at her in bafflement. "What's wrong?" He asks as he, Yor, and y/n bend down to her level. "Too crowded," Anya mutters and Loid picks her up. "Sorry, maybe this was a little scary for you." He apologizes. The family walks off, watching Anya as she clutches onto her dad. As we get further away from the crowd, the pinkette begins to relax.

"Papa, I'm hungry." She mutters and Loid stops in his tracks. "Huh? Are you all right or not?" He asks and y/n hums. "The crowd must've been too much, and she needs some space from them to calm down," I explain.

Later, we are at a restaurant, enjoying the food in front of us. As I take a bite off my dish, I listen to Dad saying, "No, Anya. Don't just pick the nuts off the top, and no eating with your hands."

My eyes land on Yor from across the table, who is admiring the knife in her hand. I look back to Dad, who is folding his hands in front of him.

I've been a spy for over a decade. I've completed countless missions, yet once again I find myself losing heart.

"S'all good, Papa." Anya says, catching our attention. "What is?" Dad asks, pinching his nose.

I definitely picked the wrong child. No, this is all because I was expected to rely on others. I shouldn't have put the key to success in the hands of others, let alone civilians. Predicting every possible situation, preparing for it, and acting from a carefully laid-out plan. Those are the ironclad rules of being a spy. Which means that I need to list every possible question the interviewer can ask, then have at least Anya and Yor memorize the perfect answers to go with them. I should brush y/n as well to make sure she'll do okay.

Ad Dad begins to mutter, I place my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and Yor speaks up. "Why don't we go get some fresh air?" She suggests. I nod at this. "I think that's a good idea."

Dad sighs but agrees to this.