The tour

As y/n walked down the halls, she couldn't help but feel the Deja-vu of when she got into night school. She knew that if she wanted to help the world, education is important. Sure, no one would ask when each of King Henry's six wives died, but she couldn't walk into the world with a thoughtless hope that everything was okay. Everything she has ever done has been calculated.

Needed a job? She knew how to keep quiet and do the work needed in odd jobs. Staying on one job could get her caught, and they tend to ask for backgrounds, which can be a problem if you need to remember a completely different story. She still has a lot of money saved up somewhere for emergencies. All are legally collected.

Shopping? Just wear something bland and normal, no one pays attention if you physically blend in.

And where to live? Any abandoned building will do. Just make sure there are no signs of anyone being there for work, meetings, or living in there as well.

Even moving in with the Forgers has been calculated for not only advantage her but the family as well. While using the family as a cover-up so she can hide from...them, she can give emotional appeal to them. She knows the way the father acts isn't like for a father, so with her taking responsibility, a man of adaptability and pride like Loid would observe what she would do. Over time, she found that she can also keep the family safe. A man that seems to be rich as him and a mother that can be clueless about some things can lead to trouble.

But it's mostly that she became attached to them and is worried that something will happen to them, the first people that gave her this kind of affection. So although she may be smart when it comes to facts and how people work...

"Are you okay?" A girl's voice speaks up, snapping y/n out of her tangent inside her head. Her head snaps up and she blushes at the grey-blue eyes staring into hers.

...she could never control how she would emotionally react when she's off the mask and with non-threatening people.

Y/n laughs nervously and scratches the back of her neck. "Ehehehe, sorry, ma'am. Just got a little distracted." She was screaming inside her head about how stupid that sounded but stopped beating herself when the girl lets out a breathless laugh. "You are completely okay, I space out into my world many times. And you don't need to call me miss, just call me Emma, it is my name after all."

The boy gets next to Emma and points at himself. "And you can call me Adam. Don't be afraid." Emma quickly grabs Adam's ear and pulls him back. "That's exactly what serial killers would say, don't be creepy."

After a couple of more hours, a group of students are walking down the halls and the teacher lights up. "Ah, Emma and Adam, this will be your class. You go on and join them, I'll be sending miss y/n to her class."

The two older teens look at each other and nod before smiling at the teacher. "Yes, ma'am. Thanks for the tour of the school." They both wave at y/n before joining their flock of students. Once the students leave, the teacher turns her focus on y/n, which causes the girl to flinch at this.

"Come along, dearie, it's not that far away." The professor turns on her heel and walks down the halls and y/n follows close behind, allowing herself to wander into her thoughts again.

I know it should be a lot like night school, but...

A memory of her and her dad having breakfast a week ago came up.

Loid sets his tea down as his eyes return to where he left off on the newspaper. "So, how do you feel about school? I know this might be a lot for you, so you can be honest."

Y/n opens her mouth, ready to pull out the I'm fine speech, but the look Loid gave her sighed and she lowers her head. "Honestly? Nervous. So many more people around..." Loid perks up at this. "Are you going to try to blend in with your crowd?" With slight hesitation, y/n nods.

Loid sighs and closes his paper. "Y/n, you're safe here. This will be your safe space. But I want you to know that school will also be a safe place. No one will come to hurt you, and if there's any kid that gives you trouble, you can let me know. I want you to have friends that you want to hang out with, people that will make you smile and love the same things you love."

Loid reaches across the table and places his hand on top of y/n's. "As long as you feel comfortable, I want you to make friends with the kids in your class. I know with your intelligence, you'll find good friends."

Y/n shakes out of it and sighs, she could lie about making some friends, but adding to the secrets she had, the thought about lying anymore made her stomach turn. 

Her eyes look around and she realized that she and the teacher have stopped inside the classroom. The woman smiles down at y/n. "This is it. Would you kike me to join you for support?"

Y/n shakes her head. "No thank you, I got this." The woman nods and walks off to her class, most likely to finish the paperwork. Y/n then looks up at the doors, feeling small at how big it is from the floor to nearly reaching the ceiling. It almost feels like she's in Wonderland.

With the thought that they could be waiting for her, y/n knocks on the wood, adjusting her stance to be straight and polite-like. The door opens and a man with a black short beard along with black hair opens the door. "Miss Forger?" Y/n nods at this and he motions for her to come in.

When Y/n walks into the room, her eyes scan the room. The tall wall made out of polished Oak holds up the marble ceiling with a flower blossoming in the middle matching the vines that are pained and carved onto the marble floor. The seats went low from the first row to high on the last row, much like the night schools that she went to.

Her eyes then land on the people sitting on the seats, scanning the kids who are conversing with one another. All kinds of groups are talking with one another, and some are in their world, reading or writing something on a piece of paper.

The teacher lightly coughs, and all eyes are on him. "Everyone, this is the newest transfer, Y/n Forger. She is our newest transfer onto this school, so I would like everyone to welcome her."

The class all give their kind of greetings, but her thoughts are gone when she sees a boy blushing furiously at looking at her. She recognizes the boy.

Dante Desmond, the second son of the Desmond family.