Measurements and a warning

All votes have been tallied up and the order is posted in my convo in my profile.

The wall measure meter goes down and stops when it lightly touches Anya's head. "And... 99.5." The tailor notes. Anya takes a step forward and shows her forefinger and thumb not touching. "That means I'm two millimeters longer than last time!"

Dad hums. "Are you sure?" The woman smiles. "You never know. Kids grow up so quickly." Yor smiles softly. "Indeed." She agrees.

Loid realizes what this means. "Well, in that mind, we should probably have your uniform made a little bigger." He then looks over at the teen, "We should also find some leggings that are comfortable and block out the cold, we've already found some for Anya."

Y/n sighs. "I'm just happy you have a choice on how long the dress is in. I don't think I'd ever be calm and collected with the skirt halfway down my biceps." The girl shudder.

*Thumbs up* Ain't gonna put the little lady through something embarrassing like that! I got chu.

The tailor decides to change the subject and looks at the red-eyed woman. "But it was quite a shock to hear that you were suddenly married, Yor. You should have told me last time you were here!"

The wife bows with a guilty expression. "I'm, er, sorry about the other day." The tailor smiles wider. "And to think your lovely daughters are going to the prestigious Eden College." She smiles at the girls. "Congrats."

Anya's face brightens. "Fank you very much!" The woman's eyes veer to Loid and a question she has been wondering about pops out of her mouth. "Are you an Eden College alum?"

Loid shakes his head. "Oh, no. I went to an insignificant little school out in the country." He confesses cheerfully.

The tailor's face grows dark. "Oh, then do be careful. There's something of a wall between parents who are Eden alumni and those who aren't. Apparently, this causes discrimination and bullying among the children, too."

The family's eyes widen at this. "Oh, and hazing from honor students, and conflict between the dorm kids and commuters." Anya is shaking like a leaf and y/n could feel her blood run cold. The tailor holds a hand to her cheek and sighs. "Speaking of, I hear that kidnappings of commuter kids are on the rise. It's not surprising, considering most of the kids who can attend Eden are rich."

Anya looks over at Loid with tears in her eyes. "I don't wanna go to school anymore." Y/n holds her head downcast to hide the fear on her face as she thinks of all the scenarios. Sure she could take them, but the ideas still scare her. Loid could barely hold back the gasp from his mouth. The tailor's face grows soft again. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare  you." She smiles brightly. "Don't worry. There are plenty of fun things about it, too." She then rolls up the ape. "Okay, all done with your measurements."

A bit later while the girls play, the adults discuss the price of the outfits. "Let's see, you'll be getting two uniforms, plus winter coats, vests, and sweaters for three additional items for each. You're a regular here, so I'll get those done immediately. Oh, you'll be able to get everything else you need from the shop on the corner."

Bags begin to grow under Loid's eyes.

This is going to cost more than I thought.

When the family is walking down the street, Loid stops when he can't figure out why Anya is clinging to his leg. "What are you doing?" He asks and Anya answers with a straight face. "I'm scared that I'll be kidnapped."

"What that tailor said really got to you, huh?" Loid sighs. "Yor, is it all right if we eat out today?" Yor hums. "Yes, of course."

"Are there any kidnappers at the restaurant?" Anya asks nervously. 

The family is at the restaurant and the waiter serves the food. "Here's our special for the day. Pork sauté in pawpaw sauce with porcini mushrooms and potato potage." The waiter sets the food down in front of Loid. Anya tilts her head. "Po?" She asks.

Loid smiles. "Looks delicious."

Must be cipher P. Ah, a notice about my briefing. It'll be in five days at 13000 hours at safe house D. Understood.

Y/n frowns as she looks at her dad's dish. "Did they really have to write with the sauce on your food? It seems highly unprofessional." Loid smiles in reassurance. "Don't worry, it's nothing insulting and it still tastes the same."

I really need to ask them to stop using this method. There's something unpleasant about it.