Father daughter bonding

Loid

Y/n

In the morning, the teenage girl's bedroom door opens up, and she steps out in her pajamas. Due to the work she did last night, she went to bed at a later time than usual. Her eyes had tears threatening to fall out because of her rubbing them to wake herself further. One arm stretches to the sky and the other covers her gaping mouth letting out a yawn.

She goes to the bathroom but stops when her father's room opens, and the man steps out. Once his blue eyes land on the girl, he brightens up. "Ah, good morning, y/n? I'm glad I caught you." This makes the girl raise a brow.

An hour later, the two are now sitting in a cafe, both enjoying their favorite warm drinks.

This is so awkward! Why did he ask for just the two of us to hang out? Does he know?

As the girl is practically having a panic attack on the inside, Loid glances at her sparingly.

All right, step one is complete. If I want to have operation Strix to continue, I need to make sure I have y/n's full trust. The interview is the perfect excuse for an outing like this. I need to reassure her that she did nothing wrong.

Loid glares to the side, a spark going off in his pupils.

Still, what kind of parents would do that? No doubt, they might be looking for her. Luckily, I had Franky tell the organization to look out for those two. They're a problem in the mission that must be taken care of.

"Um... Dad?" Y/n speaks up, bringing Loid back his attention. "As much as I enjoy your company, why just us?" She asks and starts rubbing her thumb along the line of the cup. "D-did I do something wrong?"

Loid's eyes widen at that question and notice that she is shaking badly.

Did I mess up again? Are we here so he can tell me he doesn't want me anymore? I should've refused his offer!

"No!" Loid shouts, causing everyone else inside the cafe to stare at him. He apologizes and the people return to their own thing. Loid speaks quieter this time. "No, you did nothing wrong." He takes a breath. "I brought you here so we can forget what happened yesterday. I know this isn't something we should discuss with Anya around, so Yor will be watching her. And besides." He smiles. "I think it would be great to do some bonding."

This causes y/n to inhale sharply.

He wants to know more about me?

Loid stands up and holds up his cup. "Let's get some more to go. I was hoping we could go to the bookstore nearby." With a nod, y/n gets up and follows, going to the counter and getting their drink.

They arrive at the bookstore, and the smell of old books wafts into the girl's nose. She could feel her nerves loosen up at this. With a smile, Loid gestures to the shelves. "You go and find the books you want, I'll be in the business section," Loid tells her and she walks quickly with a pep in her step.

Good, once she gets the books, I can have her tell me about them. One way to have a teenager trust you is to listen closely and be interested in their passion. I wonder... what kind of genre does she like? Focus, Twilight. There's another reason you're here.

Y/n's POV

I feel like I'm a dragon, choosing which books should be in my horde. While walking to the store, Dad was able to tell some stories about Anya. It's too bad it was a 10 min walk, so I wasn't able to hear more, but it still made me feel better than earlier. I'm happy he took me along. 

As I turn the corner, my eyes land on someone standing on a stool, reaching for the highest shelf while on the balls of his feet. A yell of complaint from a customer behind me makes me flinch, and it must've scared the one on the stool too.

The person stumbles and loses their balance, falling to the ground in a panic. They grab at the bookshelf in order to save themselves, but it comes falling down with them. Without thinking, I use my speed and rush over to the person, catching their back with one arm and using the other to hold back the shelf. I turn to the person as the books fall out, not flinching as each one hits me.

Once the rain of hardcovers stops, I sigh. I look down at the person and quickly ask, "Are you okay?"

I get a close look at the person and realize it's a boy. His dark brown hair parts to reveal his hazel eyes. His light skin tone contrast with a dark blush on his cheeks. The only response he gives me is a nod and hums an "Uh-huh..."

I take a breath of relief before Dad's voice rings out from the growing crowd. "Y/n! Are you alright?" The man is at my side suddenly, kneeling down and his eyes look me over. His face contorts to a look of worry. "You're starting to bruise."

I help the boy up and smile at my dad. "I'm okay, Dad. This boy was going to get squashed, and I had to do something." Dad looks at the boy, and I almost looked like his pupils shrank.

It can't be...

A woman rushes over and gasps when she sees me. "Oh, dear! I knew I should've put some weights on those shelves. Shall I call an ambulance?"

My head shakes and I wave my hands. "I'm quite all right miss. But I think you should check this young man. He might've gotten hurt as well." Th boy shakes his head and rubs the back of his neck. "I-I'm okay!"

The woman bows down. "Oh, but you must allow me to repay you for enduring that and saving him. Please, take any books you wish. One the house."

I go to refuse the offer, but Dad places a hand on my shoulder. "It's all right, y/n." He says, and I could tell he knew what I was going to say. I go silent before something clicks in my head. "Do you guys have (Fav book series)?"

Later that day, we arrive home, and I open the door since Dad is unable to. "We're home!" I shout. Anya gets up from her seat and runs to me, arms opened wide. "SISSY! PAPA!" I scoop up the pinkette and twirl her around.

Mom approaches us with a smile. "Welcome back you- OH MY!" She takes a step back. "Loid, why are there so many bags in your arms?" She asks, making Anya and I look at Dad while his head is behind so many bags. He turns to the side and smiles like a maniac at Mom.

"Oh, I don't know, just some gifts for y/n doing something noble." He simply explains, making Mom and Anya tilt their head in confusion, and me sighing. "I tried to stop him, but he knew the things I like." 

MEANWHILE

Mr. Swan's head had so many angry ticks on his head as he stares at the paper in his hands. "What in the world is this?" He tosses the paper to the ground, showing the words "Suspended from work without pay." on it.

"How the hell did they know about the money I was taking out of the school funds?"