Chapter 10: Status Update

Author's Note

Gaaah!! I f*cked up!! I published chapter 11 first!!!!!

I am very sorry for the confusion that stemmed ahahahahaha!!!

Anyway author is a human, and not an AI

I deeply apologize for the matter

-Author

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

White, white, white?

I looked around me, and instead of just seeing black, everything that stretches into the horizon is all but white to the purest form there is of the combination of all colors.

Why am I...here? Wait...wait!

Did I die!? Again?! But I defeated, no, we defeated that hydra so why am I here?

Is this the afterlife? The post-credits? Is it game over once again?

Haaaaaaaaaahh.....haiiiiisttttttt

[You should stop sighing though] (??) Na?! Who?!

I looked around in search of the voice, and when I made a 360* turn, I saw an old man who was sitting on a mat in a room where the floor was made of tatami mats.

Isn't this an isekai cliche?

[Come sit down for a moment young man, I have a lot to discuss with you about, also have some tea to recover your mental health] (??) In the end, I cannot help but accept his offer, for I feel that it was and would be really rude to reject the polite offer of having tea and biscuits.

[I know you have a lot of questions to be asked, but the first one would be who I am. The answer for that is not important, for I feel like you already knew who I would be based on your memories] (??) He knew...well. As expected of god.

[As for why your soul got pulled here, the same also happened to you during your reincarnation process, except this time you haven't died] (??) Oh????

When he said that, he flicks his finger, and a 50-inch flat-screen TV then appeared out of thin air and a video then starts to play...wait a minute...I am familiar with what this is!!!

[As you can see it is the game your abilities were based upon. I actually rushed the system behind your abilities so I apologize for that, however, to find more clues about what you wanted to be, I decided to have a go at this game......which is now dead, to begin with] (??) I can't deny that.

I looked at the number of players still playing it...2000...yikes. The numbers have decreased drastically over the course of years, and the said players have transferred to playing Apex Legends instead. News of a 3rd titanfall game was quite hot, but comments are getting pessimistic over the news and said it will be like the 2nd game which will just die later on.

[As you can see, it is quite frustrating seeing your favorite game die, but that is how the industry works especially for games. Games that are good stay and the developer adds more update to make them more interesting, games that have no more potential just stops at some certain point, and then the players get bored and the game just dies. It's the ugly reality, the cruel truth that games will really go up and down. Anyway, enough of that matter, what I really wanted to discuss is if there are inconveniences in the abilities you have got] (??) Hmm?? Inconveniences? For now, there aren't, but if I were to comment on something...is this world something akin to dark fantasy?

[It may seem to be something out of a dark fantasy novel or story, however, dangers are common in this world] (??) God replied and smiled. 

I see...