Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally

Let's keep it short.

[So I am on probation for now? Did I do any crime?] I asked the witch who was still blowing smoke from the pipe.

The subtle smell of tobacco and perfume wafts in the air as the silence gradually overwhelms the atmosphere.

[Well you are an illegal migrant, with no papers, no ID, but you brought them here safe and sound. What? Do you want to be completely detained then?] (??) Silver hair, a purple outfit, and a witch hat. This person oversees the security of the city and the fact that there is this huge crystal ball floating beside her as it shows the activity within the city made me realize...she is indeed the real deal.

[No...this much is fine] 

[Jack was it? I am Irene Fablione, it is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice to meeeeeeeeeeeeet you] (Irene) The lady witch courteously lifts the hem of her skirt and bowed gracefully...

This made me remember those frilly victorian dresses often used in taping anything related to Europe and France. Now then...where should I begin on how I was put face to face with the witch overseeing the entire security of this city?

================================================================================

A very long line exists in a form of a queue of people waiting to enter the city. Both carriages and people were eager to enter before the night breaks, and it was evident by how quickly the gate guards were hastening the pace of their inspections.

[Wow, so horses aren't the only beings that would pull large carriages like that?] I pointed at the giant fricking brown lizard beside us.

It just licked its eyes right now....ugh. What the fuck? The fuck you looking at?! Aa?!

Ehem...other than that thing, many carriage-pulling monsters were akin to raptorial birds. Ostriches...ostrich-looking monsters, and raptorial lizards...........

Ah...right, this is another world. I forgot.

Also, Nene seems to have a hard time explaining things to one of the gate guards.

[As I said! It's not that kind of ######!!!! Mou!!!!] (Nene)

[Come on~ Our little Nene despite being an adult now is just experiencing the joys of youth!] (??)

What was that??? I have good ears but mysteriously I can't hear their conversation.

Their conversation was muffled by the sound of people chattering here and there as we all waited in the queue at the city's entrance. The rest of the girls were just behaving at the haystack used as bedding in the monster stable nearby.

[Hey there young man, we would like to ask for you to lend us some time for interrogation if you are fine with it] (??) The guard smiled, in his hand was a halberd........and despite the smile pasted on his face, his eyes did not look like they were smiling.

In their hands were spears, halberds, and a crossbow. Basically, the security is so tight here, there are watchmen atop the walls, guardsmen at the entrances and exits, and then patrolling guards all around the city.

I guess the fuss about people disappearing here and there is what caused this super strict procedure.

And so Nene said that I had no ID, papers, and other things that were needed to prove my nationality...hence they came forth with force.

Either way, the point here is that no matter how much one tries to prove their standing, as long as that group exists, you are really bound to be suspected as one. I mean those kidnappers...but do I look like one? I don't.