07┃you showed up

S2 EP19

INTERNS WERE WALKING in and out the locker room, the metal doors twisting open and slamming shut; murmurs and whispers flooded the room, but none of the sounds managed to stop Norah from dozing off. She groaned in annoyance as she stood up, swaying towards her locker.

"I need eye drops," she mumbled. "Pepper eye drops."

"You could try the hot sauce in the cafeteria," Cristina suggested.

"Fifty bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan," said Alex, looking at George and Meredith, who clearly had something going on. Izzie hit him in the arm, causing him to scowl at her.

"I'd say Norah did Mark Sloan," Cristina opposed with a snort. "I mean-look at her."

The three interns turned their heads to the person in question, who yawned widely. After getting paged to the hospital at midnight, Norah worked almost till dawn-now, her brain was shutting down.

"She looks like someone who had had a long night," Cristina lowered her voice before specifying, "Multiple rounds."

"Bitch-I was here since one in the morning," Norah snapped, glaring at the smirking woman. "And the bench here is super uncomfy."

"Ooh, someone's cranky."

"There are on-call rooms for a reason," Alex suggested.

"And walk in on people doing their deeds? Spare me," Norah shuddered and raised both her arms in surrender, causing the other interns to chuckle.

"There's something going on," Izzie interrupted as she studied the other two interns. "I mean, look at them."

They slid across the bench, closer to where Meredith and George were taking stuff out from their respective lockers. "Alright. He walked in on her doing McDreamy," Alex guessed again and immediately frowned at his words. "Did I just call that dude McDreamy?" he cringed.

"Oh, you know you did."

Finally getting enough of the guessing games, Izzie walked up to them, eager to figure out the elephant in the room. "Guys," she called out.

"Excuse me," George muttered, and Izzie ducked out of his way.

"What's uh... What's going on?" the blonde questioned. George and Meredith both gave Izzie weird looks, causing the latter to become even curious than before. "If you tell us, maybe we can help."

"There's nothing to tell," George claimed.

"Oh, that means there's something to tell," Cristina chuckled knowingly.

"There's nothing to tell," Meredith reassured the two busybodies. "And someone better wake Norah up."

Cristina and Izzie looked towards the brunette, who was leaning against the locker, her arms crossed and her head drooped. "Wow... Is she sleeping while standing up?"

❦ ❦ ❦

"YOU LOOK LIKE HELL," Derek said as he walked over to Norah in the ER.

She passed a chart off to the nurse and muttered a 'thank you' before turning back to him. "No, I feel like hell. I look hot," she smirked, and he rolled his eyes. "I've already gone through two coffees, and I'm still dozing off. I need natural stimulants."

Derek cocked a brow at her curiously. "Like what?"

The sound of an ambulance's siren filled their ears, and her back straightened up almost at once. Her eyes widened, and she felt energised like never before-adrenaline.