85┃sleep

[TW: plane crash, description of injuries, blood/gore, trauma, panic attack, character deaths, ...]

[ TL;DR - TW: everything (': ]

- DAY 2 -

THE SUN HAD SET HOURS ago, but nobody knew exactly what time it was.

Arizona had got moved to where the other group were at.

Norah had been informed about Mark's situation.

Her face drained of colours immediately, and she was the first to run towards the other place-Cristina had to catch up to her to make sure she didn't injure her foot any further.

Timothy was... quiet.

The sudden medical emergency managed to distract his mind for a while, but now that they were trying to take comfort in the cold night in the middle of nowhere, his head was back in circles. The headache he had for a while now was not friendly either.

He was lying near the small fire that he had helped put up, his head resting on a duffle bag with the many thick clothes he had used to cover himself up. His mind slowly dozed off while listening to Meredith and Cristina talking to each other. He stared at his sister that sat under the part of the plane that still had a shelter.

Mark rested his head on a pillow on Norah's lap. He had forced his eyes open even if it was just to look at her because he feared that any moment would be the last that he could just look at her.

The fear was daunting and exhausting, but the same fear was what made him fight to stay alive.

Norah had passed out from exhaustion-she felt sick at the idea that she could still fall asleep. Though, her mind ran in circles, all over her head in different directions. There was still a lingering pain somewhere in her body that she just could not pinpoint.

It did not matter, though.

For now, at least...

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH'S EYES FLUTTERED open slightly when she heard his breathing getting heavier-another sense of worry spiked inside of her. Mark was staring at her, just like he always did.

"Your eyes..." he mumbled, "They're pretty."

She chuckled softly with a smile he repeatedly fell for. His face was pale beyond her liking, but the only feature that did not have their colours faint away were the pair of blue eyes.

"And yours are the only reason I'm sane right now."

He smiled back at her, barely. "You know... I-I promised Kai... th-that we'll be back... before he even realises," he said, his face falling a little. "D-Do you think... he'll realise we're gone?"

There was a moment of pause before she raised a brow at him. "Is that what you were telling him the other night?" she asked, and he responded with the slightest nod. "He'll miss us, love. Stay awake, hm?"

A faint smile grew on his face as he thought about what their son would be doing right now. He did not know the time of day, but he only wished was that the boy was smiling happily. "I'm gonna be okay... right?" he asked through a weak voice.

"We're gonna be okay," she reassured with a nod. "Everything will be oka-"

"Norah!" her name got yelled out in a tone that she did not assume well. The shake of fear behind Cristina's voice as she rushed over to her felt like a bucket of ice water was thrown onto her face-she had the same look whenever they were about to break bad news to patients.