63┃normal, but not (yet)

S7 EP7

CALLIE AND ARIZONA were clearing their stuff from their apartment, packing them into boxes before they fly off to Malawi. Mark was over at their place, as well as Timothy whose phone had been bombarded by calls since the women needed an extra hand.

"Okay. How about it, Mark?" Arizona asked as she took down a cream-coloured bottle from the kitchen cabinet, "You know you've always wanted one of... these."

Mark stared at the item on her hand while sipping his morning coffee; Arizona tested the gadget in front of him but was still met by his narrowed eyes. "Nah, I'm good."

"Oh, is that a juice presser?" Timothy eyed the kitchen while he carried a large stack of bubble wraps with him, "I'll take that."

Callie sent him a glare in which he returned it with a wide grin, walking over to the kitchen to receive his 'gift'. "I hate your smile," she ranted to the younger man, "I hate that your smile charms your way into things."

"Charms my way out of things, too," Timothy shrugged in response.

Mark perked up, staring at another appliance in the cabinet. "I will take that waffle iron."

"What?" Callie fussed as she placed down a box, "I have never even seen you eat a waffle."

"Well, I would if I had a waffle iron," he declared while Arizona brought down the iron from the cabinet.

"Okay, Callie, we're not gonna take a waffle iron to Malawi, and it's not gonna do anybody any good sitting in storage for three years," the blonde reasoned before handing it to him, "Congratulations. You won yourself a waffle iron. Oh! And a French press."

"Hey!" Callie snapped at them before Arizona could hand the press off to Mark, "Stop giving my things away." She scoffed lightly before walking away into the room, the door slamming shut after her.

Mark gave the blonde a smile. "Maybe I should pass on the French press."

Timothy shot his hand up, an eager look on his face while he pointed to himself. Arizona gave in to his cheeky grin and slid him the press.

"Why does he get the French press?"

"Because I'm not sitting my ass down and being too Sloan-y to help around," Timothy stated before moving one of the bigger boxes next to the door.

Arizona raised a brow curiously at the younger man before turning to look at Mark who continued sipping his coffee guiltily. "Why does he get to insult you?"

He let out a long sigh, "Because he's Lawrence, and I'm in love with his sister."

"Oh, you two are fixing things now?" she perked up, "Finally?"

"We're... slowly getting there."

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH WAS ON HER WAY to the skills lab where the other residents were told to gather. Timothy had tipped her off about some trauma certification program designed for the fourth-year residents, and the word he used to describe it was 'fun'.

She was about to head in when she heard Mark calling out for her from behind. She turned around and saw him jogging up to her urgently.

"Hey, um... We're throwing Torres and Robbins a bon voyage party in the doctors' lounge this evening," he informed.

"Oh, that's brilliant. Malawi, right?"

"Yeah... the thing is, you see, Altman volunteered to pick up the uh, cupcakes-"