16┃apparently, they're friends

S3 EP14

[CW: violence]

"DAMN IT-I THOUGHT YOU were a patient!" Izzie yelped. Norah, who had just stepped through the doors of the newly-opened Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic, startled a little.

"Uh... I'm good and healthy, thank you," she frowned, seeing her fellow interns inside, wandering and looking around. "Well, physically, at least. Mentally, I might be a disaster."

"Lawrence, you're late," Bailey deadpanned.

"Sorry for that, Dr Bailey, I got a flat tire... but I know I'm late-but I'm not, am I? I mean..." she gestured to the notably empty clinic, "No offense to the person who paid for this place, but where are the patients?"

"The patients will be here," the resident assured, "Soon..."

"I'm watching the door," Izzie added eagerly as her eyes continued to get glued at the doors.

Norah walked over to join Cristina and Alex, who were both getting familiarised with the flu vaccine protocol. The two interns groaned as they argued over a cardiothoracic surgery that Alex got picked to scrub in instead of Cristina. The latter stared at him in disbelieve while the former smirked smugly at her.

"I have a once in a lifetime surgery before noon," Mark crept up from behind, "If you wanna scrub in, you can get away from this place."

"Me! Dr Sloan, I want in!" Alex shot his arm in the air.

"Oh, no, no, no. He has a bloodless pulmonary valve translocation with Burke," Cristina interjected. "I want in."

Norah raised her brow at the two eager interns before turning to smirk at the attending. "Take your pick, Dr Sloan."

Mark rolled his eyes and ended up picking none of the interns while Norah laughed. She walked to the other side of the clinic and made sure that Bailey was not looking before sitting up on one of the beds.

"I don't get why you refuse to work on plastics," he stated as he stood in front of her. "Plastics is fun, it changes people's lives... and it pays very well."

"I lack the interest in it. No point choosing a path that I won't enjoy," she shrugged. "And I don't refuse to do it, just prefer not to."

The plastic surgeon narrowed his eyes at her words. "So, I could get you on my service?"

"I am a bloody intern, Sloan."

"Well, I'm gonna put you in plastics for the rest of the month," he smirked, earning a kick in the shin from the intern, who had been swinging her legs on the clinic's bed. "Ouch-"

"We got married in Vegas!" a voice shouted proudly. Norah turned around to look at George standing by the doors with Callie next to him. Everyone else, too, stopped what they were doing and examined the couple. "We're married!" George exclaimed and held Callie's hand in his.

The room was still in utter silence as everyone was processing the information thrown at them out of nowhere-they were at a loss for words.

"Congratulations, George, Callie," Norah spoke up as she went up to give both of them a hug. "That's-brilliant!"

Alex laughed, "Dude, she's Callie O'Malley."

❦ ❦ ❦

"DR SLOAN! ANY PATIENT here that I can bring to the Clinic?" Norah asked, jogging up to the attending in the ER. "The Clinic looks bloody depressing, and it's the open day."