Chapter 16 - Trapped

Liam's POV

"Liam, please." She sighed.

"Don't do it to us." I begged and rubbed my forehead, desperate.

"What do you want from me? Should I quit my job? So you leave me alone." Aurora asked angrily.

"No!" I frowned.

"But you won't leave me alone."

"Yes." I sighed. "Please, just listen to me."

"I don't want to hear anything. We should forget about that night. Moreover, it will be better if we avoid each other."

"I can't avoid you." I stated firmly.

"Liam..."

"We need to talk especially after what happened in Paris." I pleaded and rubbed my neck.

"Fine, but you will leave me alone after that."

"Great." I breathed deeply in relief. "I will send you the information after I book the room in the hotel." I informed her.

"Hotel?" She asked, puzzled.

"It will be better if we stay away curious eyes. You told me you don't want anyone to see us." I reminded her.

She heaved a loud sigh. "Alright. Send me the location."

"Fine. See you soon." I said, excited and hung up the phone.

As soon as I booked a suite in our hotel, I texted Aurora and went to the hotel.

***

I was pacing back and forth in the suite while waiting for Aurora impatiently. I grinned happily as someone knocked on the door. I took a deep breath and went to open the door.

"Hi." I gave her a wide smile as soon as I opened the door.

"Hi." She pursed her lips together nervously as I stepped aside and let her in.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked after closing the door.

"No, I don't have a lot of time." Aurora shook her head and placed her bag on the couch.

"I will get myself a glass of whiskey." I said and approached the bar cabinet.

"Don't you think you drink a lot these days?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Yes. I am sad because of the girl who rejects me despite the fact I am crazy for her." I commented firmly and looked her in the eyes.

"Liam..." She rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you believe me?" I asked after taking a few sips from my drink.

"It doesn't matter if I believe or not, Liam. There won't be anything between us." She stated firmly.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because you are my boss' son and you are a womanizer. I think these are enough reasons." Aurora gave me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes. "As I told you before, my mother won't be against us because you are her employee. And I can change. For you. Just give me a chance." I gave her a pleading look and cupped her cheek.

"Liam, stop it." She sighed and ruffled her hair.

"Aurora, don't make excuses. I know you like me too. That night is the proof of our attraction." I stated firmly. "What are you afraid of?" I asked, trying to hold her hand, but when she wanted to pushed me away, she hit my glass, making the whiskey spill on our clothes.