Chapter 34 - The guardian angel

Liam's POV

Aurora cleared her throat after wiping her tears off her cheeks discreetly. "Luke, Liam and I have to talk privately. Go to your room." She told Luke warmly.

"But Liam and I were going to play with my cars." He pouted sadly, looking at his mother.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I straightened. "We will play later. Now your mommy and I have to talk." I informed Luke, giving him a tender smile.

Luke sighed, upset and nodded. "Fine." He scowled and left the bedroom.

I heaved a loud sigh, running my hand through hair, and turn around while trying to pull myself together.

"Liam?" Aurora mumbled nervously as she approached me after closing the door behind Luke.

I breathed deeply and turned towards her. "I want to know everything about Luke. From the moment you found out about your pregnancy to the moment I met him. I want to know every detail about him." I said emotionally.

She nodded and grabbed the photo album before sitting on the bed. I sat down beside her on the bed and looked at Luke's first photo with Aurora in the hospital while listening to what she was telling me.

I clenched my fist as my heart tightened while Aurora was telling me about what happened after she found out her pregnancy, how her mother wanted her to get abortion because she was worried for her daughter's future and how my mother helped her. I felt angry at myself that I couldn't be with her and support her.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks and grabbed her hand as she finished talking. "I am sorry, Aurora. But believe me if I knew you were pregnant, I would support you. I wouldn't leave you on your own with our baby." I confessed honestly, looking her in the eyes.

She smiled at me tenderly and squeezed my hand. "We were lucky that Serena was in our lives. I don't even want to think how hard it would be for us if she didn't help me. So I will always be grateful for her. She was our guardian angel." She commented and wiped her tears off her cheek.

I gave her a compassionate look and pulled her into my chest, hugging her. "I won't leave you alone anymore. I will do everything to make up for lost time." I promised, determined and placed a soft kiss on her hair.

"How will we tell Luke about it?" She asked nervously as she pulled back.

"Don't worry. We will find a way." I assured her, cupping her cheeks, and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

***

After playing with my son and having dinner together, I left their house. As soon as I got in my car, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my mother. I had to thank her for what she did to Aurora and my son. If she didn't help Aurora, it would be harder for her.

"Mom, I love you so much." I admitted sincerely as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I love you too, my boy." She said warmly.

"Thank you for everything. You are the best person in the whole world. I am lucky that you are my mother." I resumed affectionately as my eyes welled up. I had never been emotional this much in my entire life like today.

"Liam, are you okay? Your voice is strange." My mother asked worriedly.

"I am fine, Mom." I cleared my throat. "Don't worry. I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for you being in my life." I added honestly.

"Awe! My boy! I am so grateful to have a son like you. I love you."

"I love you too. See you later."

"Take care!"