Chapter 38 - Evil

Liam's POV

I rested my hand on Aurora's back and pulled her towards me while she looked uneasy under the guests' accusing gazes.

"Liam!" She exclaimed shyly and tried to pull away, but I didn't let her.

"Don't feel uncomfortable. You didn't do anything bad." I whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek. "Dance with me." I said warmly as I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the dance floor without letting her protest.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest, giving her a bright smile. She rested her hands on my shoulders and looked around shyly.

"Forget about them. Imagine there is no one else, just you and me." I said huskily, pressing her against me while dancing. Then I brushed my lips against her lips, kissing her passionately, showing everyone that I loved this woman so much.

"Liam! What are you doing?" Aurora said shyly as I let her pull back.

"Kissing my woman. I love you, sugar." I stated firmly and placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

She smiled happily. "I love you too."

Once we finished dancing, my phone rang.  I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it. It was my agent, Eddie. Probably, he saw the magazines.

"Excuse me, sugar. I will be back in a few minutes. It is Eddie." I informed Aurora as I led her towards my sister and sister-in-law.

"Will the news cause you problem?" She asked worriedly.

I gave her a tender smile. "Don't worry." I kissed her cheek and walked away, picking up my phone.

"Liam! I was in a meeting. So I saw the magazines a few minutes ago." Eddie said nervously as soon as I greeted him. "Is it true?"

"Yes and no. I was going to call you."

"What? I don't understand anything. Do you have a son or not?" He asked, puzzled.

I heaved a loud sigh, running my hand through my hair, and explained. "Yes, Luke is my son, but Aurora didn't do such a thing. They lied about her. And we have to solve this problem. I plan to send them a statement, telling everyone the truth. I need your help."

"Fine. I am at the agency."

"I can't come today. I am at my parents' wedding anniversary party. If I leave early, it will cause a lot of gossips." I informed him. "I will come to the agency tomorrow morning."

"Yes, you are right." He sighed.

"Good. See you tomorrow."

"See you." Eddie said and hand up the phone. I breathed deeply and went back to the garden.

***

I rested my hand on Aurora's back, leading her towards the table where my family was as soon as we entered the restaurant. My siblings with their spouses and my parents were waiting for us. After greeting them, the waiter approached us and got our orders.

"I read the statement. It will shut their mouths." My father commented firmly and took a sip from his wine once the waiters brought our orders.

"Yes. Eddie suggested me that we should give an interview." I said and turned my gaze from my father to Aurora. "What do you think?"

"Umm... I don't know. I don't think it is my cup of tea." Aurora replied nervously. "And I am not a celebrity."

"I will be beside you. You shouldn't worry about this." I assured her, resting my hand on top of her hand on the table.