Chapter thirty-three

(Harry's POV)

Our laughter is shortly interrupted by a voice stepping towards the bonfire. His face is lit up by the flames, flicking orange and red across his face. He smiles at us.

"Alex?" Louis squeaks beside me. I curl my fists into tight balls. I want to punch him in the face so badly right now. He thinks he can just come here and try to take my LouBear back? No, he can't. Who the Hell does he think he is?

"Hi Louis." Alex says quietly, pushing his hands awkwardly into his pockets. He's dressed as a zombie apparently. He has fake scars painted on his face and ripped clothes. His hair is combed back with gel and I can smell his cologne from  five feet away.

Something snaps inside of Louis. His eyes turn icy blue and his face scrunches. He grimaces at Alex in disgust.

"What the Hell are you doing here?" Louis asks. His face turns red and he stands up off the log, shoving powerfully at Alex's chest. Alex stumbles but regains his balance, muttering something under his breath. I gasp and pull Louis back, trying to restrain him. I don't exactly want them breaking out into a fight. I hold onto his arms from behind, almost like hand cuffs.

Alex frowns, "I'm not here for you, Louis. I'm here to see Zayn, okay?" he says putting his hands up in defense. Louis' slumps his shoulders and raises an eyebrow at him. I still keep my hold on him incase he tries to break free and punch Alex violently. Don't get me wrong, I want to hurt Alex pretty bad as well, but Ed would kick us out of this party if we started a fight.

"What?" Louis asks in confusion.

Alex shrugs, "I'm here to see Zayn. We're friends." he admits. Oh no. . . Louis is not going to like that.

"Friends?" Louis asks. He stares coldly at Alex, as if trying to burn a hole in his skull.

"Yes, Zayn and I are friends now. After . . .that night Zayn and I started hanging out and turns out we have a lot in common. And I know you hate me so if you really don't want me here, then I'll leave." Alex sighs, disappointment and rejection filling his eyes.

"Then leave!" Louis hisses. He tries to pull away from my grasp but I don't let him. I keep a firm grip on his arms to stop him.

"Louis you're overreacting." I say to him. "He's just here to see Zayn. You need to calm down."

Alex nods, "Harry's right, I'm just here to see Zayn. To be honest I didn't even know that you'd be here tonight." he says.

"Liar!" Louis yells.

"I'm not lying." Alex promises.

"Fuck you!" Louis spits. He breaks free of my grasp and pushes Alex, causing him to fall over onto the grass. He curses under his breath. Alex rubs his side and groans, eyes closed and mouth slightly ajar, light puffs of air escaping his lips and fogging up the crisp air.

"Louis! Stop it!" I shout, rushing over to him. I grab his arm and spin him around to face me, "You need to relax!" I scold.

"Guys! What are you even fighting about?" Ed speaks up. He looks astonished. Usually Louis is quiet and shy around them, but suddenly he's breaking out of his shell.

The rest of the group all stare at us in confusion and awe.

"Nothing." I say. Louis grumbles and glares at Alex who's lying on the ground, a surprised look on his face. Louis is acting so violent. I never realized how bad Alex hurt him.

"C'mon, Lou. Follow me. You need to cool off." I whisper. He tries to protest but I drag him along with me. I mutter an apology to Alex, then pull Louis away from the scene.