Chapter eleven

(Louis's POV)

Alex finally pulls into my driveway after what seems like hours of silence, but it was probably only about ten minutes. We didn't say one word to each other the whole time. It was just ten minutes of completely awkward silence.

Why did he try to hold my hand? Didn't I tell him that I just wanted to be friends? Okay, so maybe that's not completely true. I want to go out with him, and I want to call him my boyfriend. I want things to go back to the way they were before him and Brian kissed. I want to kiss him again, I want to go on romantic dates with him again, and I want to call him mine again.

Should I forgive him?

He parks the car in the driveway and turns his head to face me, "I had fun tonight." Alex admits, giving me a small smile.

"Me too." I say honestly. It was fun until he tried to hold my hand and got brain all fucked up.

"Maybe we can do this again sometime?" he suggests.

"Yeah, maybe. Text me, okay?"

"I promise. Thanks for giving me a second chance." he says.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye Alex."

"Bye boo." he says grinning.

I laugh slightly and roll my eyes, then get out of the car. I walk up the steps of the porch and place my hand on the knob. I twist my head around and wave to Alex as he drives away.

I walk in the house, relieved to find out it's silent. There's no yelling or shouting because Dad's at the hospital, so obviously they can't argue anymore. The air smells like smoke and beer, mixed with some cat hair and dust.

I walk into my bedroom down the hall, careful not to wake up my sisters, and close the door behind me. I strip down to my boxers and climb into my bed, then push my glasses up the bridge of my nose. I pull out my laptop and decide to work on the musical.

I stare at the cast list, my eyes angrily glaring at the empty space where Romeo's role is supposed to be. Auditions are in two days, and I doubt anyone will show up for Romeo's part. I don't think Harry will audition. He cares too much about what people think of him.

Is it weird that I'm actually excited for detention tomorrow? Harry makes it fun instead of boring. I can have a real conversation with him, and it's amazing how close of friends we are after only knowing each other for a few days.

I get distracted when I pull up another tab and go on facebook. I randomly start scrolling through my news feed when I come across something Alex posted.

Alex Visteralle: Had an amazing night with Louis Tomlinson. We shared some laughs and ate delicious food. I miss him already xx

I smile to myself at the post and feel my stomach get all bubbly as I click the 'like' button. Alex makes me feel good about myself. I can tell he's changed a lot since I last saw him. He's more mature now and loving, and I like it. It's like Alex is a different person than the cheating, lying jerk I used to know. He's so sweet and romantic, and he seems more loyal and dedicated.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out, staring at the bright screen in the darkness of my bedroom.

From: Alex

I promised to text you, so I did. I'm going to bed. Goodnight boo :) xx

I bite my lip and respond to him.

To: Alex

Goodnight. Thanks for a great evening.

I place my phone on my nightstand and return my attention to my laptop. I feel my throat tighten with nervousness as I go to my profile on facebook and change my relationship status from Single to It's Complicated.