Chapter fifteen

(Louis' POV)

I stare down at the empty notebook, frustrated that nobody has auditioned yet, including Harry. I look at my watch and realize that it's almost the end of lunch period. Damn it. Auditions are officially over.

I'm in a classroom, and the principal made announcements telling the whole school that there were auditions being held here. Why isn't anybody interested in this musical?

I let out a moan in frustration and shove all of my papers back into my messenger bag, feeling disappointment boiling inside of me. Where is my Romeo? I'm letting the whole school down!

"Am I too late?" somebody asks, almost on cue.

I look up and see Harry there, smirking and leaning against the door frame. His curls are framing his perfect face, and his dimples are drawing my attention to his smile, which is beautiful in every single way. God, he's just so gorgeous.

I chuckle, "No, you're not late."

"Good." he begins. There's a moment of silence before he continues, "Listen Louis, I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday in the parking lot. I had no right to drive off like that."

"Just forget about it, okay? You don't have to explain." I tell him smiling.

"Okay, thanks Louis." he says softly, "So, should I sing now? I've never been to an audition before..." he admits.

I shake my head, "No."

"What?" he asks, quirking an eyebrow.

"You've got the part." I tell him.

"Seriously!?" he asks, like he's surprised.

"Well, you're the only one who auditioned." I laugh.

"Oh." he says, his smile fading.

"And you have the best voice at this school and probably the whole world." I add.

"Stop lying." he says, rolling his eyes.

I stand up from my chair then walk away from the table that I was previously seated at. I take a few steps towards Harry so I can see him clearly. His green eyes lock with mine and we're so close that I can feel his breath on me. I don't even know how we got this close. We both were just naturally stepping closer to each other because it felt so right. Kind of like magnets.

"Listen to me, Harry," I begin, "Your voice is absolutely beautiful."

Harry's cheeks turn pink, "Your voice isn't bad either."

I frown, "It's not as good as yours." I say, looking down at my feet.

He lifts up my chin, and at first, I'm shocked. He doesn't say anything. He just smiles and breathes steadily, while my heart is beating like a drum. His touch sends my body in a trance.

"Your voice is amazing, Lou. Never forget that."

His words result in butterflies erupting in my stomach, making my body dizzy and fuzzy inside at the same time. His smile is addicting.

I feel myself blushing, and Harry removes his hand from under my chin.

"So . . . uh, what changed your mind?" I ask, shaking off the awkwardness of that situation.

"Nothing," he says shrugging.

"Nothing? Don't you care about what people think of you?"

"No. If they care, fuck 'em." he laughs.

"Good choice. I promise you won't regret it."

"Yeah, and it's just something to do, y'know, since I can't play football anymore." he says, gesturing towards the tan gauze wrapped tightly around his hand.