Chapter thirty-four

{This chapter is based ONLY on Zaylex and Niam, so if you don't care about either of those relationships, then you don't have to read this chapter.}

(Alex's POV)

I watch in pure amazement as Harry forcefully drags Louis away from the bonfire. I wonder what his problem is?   I mean, yes, I cheated on him and I regret that more than anything, but that still doesn't give him the right to push me when I'm trying to fucking apologize! Crazy maniac.

Zayn helps me off of the ground. He reaches out his hand and I take it, using him to balance my weight as I stand up. I thank him and brush off the stray blades of grass stuck to my knees.

"You okay?" Zayn asks me. He's dressed in a power ranger costume and he looks absolutely adorable. I can't help but smile.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just startled, 's all." I explain.

We sit back down around the bonfire and Zayn introduces me to all of them. I say hi to all of them and they greet me back.

"So, Al, where'd you meet Louis, Zayn, and Harry? I mean, you don't seem like you're from around here." Josh says cautiously. A girl with long, auburn hair sits on his lap and has her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Um, well as you can probably already tell from my accent, I'm Irish." I say.

"Oi! Me too!" a blonde lad- Niall, I think- speaks up. I grin lightly at him.

"I can tell. Anyways, so as I was saying, I'm Irish but I met Louis because our families are friends." I say, half-way honest.

"Oh, so how did you meet Zayn?" the girl with purple hair, Perrie, speaks up. She's dressed in a princess costume. She actually looks really beautiful, and not slutty like most of the girls here. Most of the girls are wearing short dresses that barely cover their bums and tight tops that show off their boobs. It's actually disgusting. However, Perrie is dressed quite nicely in a long, respectable dress with a crown on her head.

"We just- er, bumped into each other one night at a club, 's all." I shrug, trying to hide the blush forming on my cheeks as I recall our first encounter.

They nod and ask me a few more questions about where I'm from and why I'm here. Obviously, I don't tell them that I came here to win back my ex-boyfriend, Louis, and that I'm only staying here because of Zayn. That would sound crazy. So, instead I say that I'm attending uni here. They believe me without asking anymore questions, much to my relief.

The people sitting around the bonfire are quite welcoming, to be honest. We all just start talking like we've known each other forever. Zayn keeps inching closer and closer to me, but I think I'm the only one who notices.

His face flicks with light from the flames and I look over to see him laughing at a joke that Cher made. He's so adorable when he laughs. Small crinkles form at his eyes and his teeth are so perfect. And his lips. . . I could go on and on about how kissable they look.

After about half an hour of story telling, drinking, and laughing, the people start to leave one-by-one. The crowd has diminished to a small group of drunk teenagers left inside the house. I think they're all friends of Ed's sister.

Suddenly, Niall announces that he's going to go home as well. We all say goodbye to Niall and he leaves, flashing us one last smile of cute, crooked teeth.

Soon after, Zayn checks his watch and his eyes bug out. "Woah, it's getting pretty late. I think I'll start headin' home. It's a long walk back to my neighborhood." he chuckles.